Author Topic: strays and vaccinations  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: strays and vaccinations
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 22:32:11 PM »
My vet has also said it wouldnt hurt to vaccinate a cat if it had already been done.

Tramp has been with us a year now and i got to be honest i havent had him done yet (he has lived indoors for 6mths) He has been neutered (done as soon as he moved indoors) but i did not have him tested as i dont want to know if he has FIV (if he ever presents with any symptoms them i would have him tested just so that i could start to give him extra supplements)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 19:29:20 PM »
he was unchipped, unneutered had fleas and a leg abcess so even if he did have an owner they weren't very good,

We also get these types tested.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 19:05:57 PM »
We vaccinate as soon as the cat is well enough and in the case of females as soon as we are certain they are not pregnant.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 15:23:00 PM »
thanks - its for my friend who has taken a stray in, he was unchipped, unneutered had fleas and a leg abcess so even if he did have an owner they weren't very good, I'll let her know

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 15:21:59 PM »
We do, although it is doubtful of many of them would  have ever had their injections any case judging by the state some of them come in. Our vets says that should one have been it would not do harm. We always would rather air on the said of caution.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Kay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 15:17:53 PM »
I had Moe done just in case and when I did eventually track down his owners and said "had he had his vaccinations>" they looked at me as if to say "what vaccinations?" grrr

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 15:11:19 PM »
That's what I am doing with Charlie.  He is halfway through them now.  The vet said it was ok even if he had them before (doubtful if he did but you never know)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
strays and vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 13:37:21 PM »
what do people do when they take on strays about vaccinations - do you have them done and hope they haven't already had them?

Link to CatChat