Author Topic: 5 month old girl needs home - Cornwall  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: 5 month old girl needs home - Cornwall
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 18:00:16 PM »
and I really don't need snappy responses.

Please believe me when I say that it was not a snappy comment, but it is a fact that as soon as we say we cannot help immediately, people assume we don't want to know, when in reality it is another worry to add to those we are already concerned about but due to manpower and cat accommodation we can do nothing immediately. If only these people would put the cats on waiting lists instead of slamming the phone down before we had chance to take the details the little ones would be helped much sooner.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Kay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 13:56:06 PM »
My god why on earth is she not getting rid of the boyfriend and keeping the cat???  :scared:

Offline Inky

• Adult Cat
  • Kitties Woody, Taiki and Twyla
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 13:04:03 PM »
The good news is that a good friend of mine knows someone who works in rescue in Cornwall and has been able to arrange to have this little girly picked up so she'll be safe - I am so relieved.

I am sorry for thinking the comments re having a go at the CPL were aimed at me, if you say that was not the case then that's good enough for me  :shy: I was worried and stressed at the time not least for this little lady but for my own furbabies too who were in surgery at the time.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 13:05:07 PM by Inky »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 19:10:36 PM »
http://www.catchat.org/adoption/cornwall.html list of cornwall rescues, incase this lady has missed any.

Offline Puffball (Louise)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 18:30:41 PM »
the CPL don't want to know.

Is it that they don't want to know or are they full and can only place the little one on their quite possible huge list of cats waiting to come in?
I really don't need snappy responses.

It's not my business but... while it's obvious you are upset about the whole situation Inky, the only sarcasm I read in that comment was aimed at the owner as it's clear you were quoting her words. You are doing a great thing trying to help and I hope she finds a safe new home very soon  :hug:

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 18:19:43 PM »
I hope that you can find someone to help.

I don't think Mark or Ela meant it in a snappy way hun, it's just that we get this kind of comment made about us all the time and it's hard not to "bristle" at the thought that people think that we don't want to help.

If you read my tread about the 18 cats we've just had to help at the drop of a hat who were in significant danger, unfortunately a kitten who may be re-homed another way does get pushed down the list (horrible, but true!). Having said that if the cat is in danger, then the RSPCA are the people to help. We also have had the horrible experience of people telling us all sorts just to get us to take their cats whereas the RSPCA has the knowhow, on how to deal with this kind of situation.

This is why I don't look in the free ads and stuff - it just makes me want to drive all over Leeds, picking up cats!!!

Fingers crossed for the little one.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 18:24:30 PM by adelcatsprotection »
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Inky

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 16:16:06 PM »

Is it that they don't want to know or are they full and can only place the little one on their quite possible huge list of cats waiting to come in?

I am on your side!

That comment was quite literally copied and pasted from the owner.

I understand that people involved in rescue get frustrated and feel like people just expect to be able to dump their problems on them, but I am doing my very best to help a cat who's owner I don't know and is at least 6 hours drive away, and I really don't need snappy responses.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 16:20:27 PM by Inky »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 16:11:15 PM »
Just hope that someone goes and picks her up asap -you know what some people are capable of !
I would help but i am even further in Lincolnshire .

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 15:27:35 PM »
I read quite a lot of comments like this as if CP are enemy number one and not a bunch of volunteers who give their time & resources (and money) to help cats out to the best of their ability with very limited funds and spaces.

From my experience, some people think we are there waiting with a little white van to zoom off any time day or night and clear up THEIR mess at the drop of a hat  - also going by the number of dropped calls we have (people not leaving a message when they hear the machine), people don't seem to try that hard to get in touch.

I'm sure any branch will at the very least put a cat on a waiting list if asked.  If the cat is injured or sick, they will do anything possible to get it to a vet then to a temporary fosterer. If they are threatening to do anything to the cat, then it needs reporting to the RSPCA who have the power to prosecute.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 15:38:17 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 15:24:28 PM »

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 16:01:02 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Inky

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 13:51:27 PM »
I have permission to post the photos

Offline Inky

• Adult Cat
5 month old girl needs home - Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 13:27:28 PM »
This has been advertised on a non-cat forum.

A 5 month old girl in St Austell, Cornwall needs a home and I have (probably stupidly) offered a foster home to her because she sounds in danger. The boyfriend of the girl looking has apparently "threatened all sorts" if she isn't rehomed  >:(

I have 3 moggies already and no room for a permanent 4th, obviously I have stressed that she looks at local rescues or local homes as a matter of priority but I want to be there as backup if everything fails and this cat ends up in serious danger. She's also had other members suggest advertising in the local paper, supermarket, vet, private cat rehoming boards. Apparently the RSPCA aren't answering the phone and the CPL don't want to know.

From her picture (which I don't yet have permission to post here) she looks like a long-haired black and very cute  :Luv2:

Cornwall is 6 hours drive from me  :tired: But I will do it rather than see her suffer. What I'm really hoping for is for someone local to step in.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 13:29:17 PM by Inky »

Link to CatChat