Author Topic: rescue cat returned  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: rescue cat returned
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 11:20:17 AM »
Its annoying that with all the thoroughness and effort put into rehoming, finicky people still manage to slip through the net   :tired:
She would be better off with a tin of beans for a pet as a goldfish may look at her  :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »
Sounds like Suki, a little 10 yo we rescued recently. She has been kicked we think by her previous owner and was biting, scratching, cowering away from us. We thought that we wouldn'tbe able to re-home her and we'd keep her as a sponsor cat, buuuuuuut.... we worked hard with her to gain her trust and a wonderful woman came along who fell in love with Suki.

I had a update recently and she's doing so well. She sleeps on the bed every night and has just started to sit on her owner's knee. She still can\t be picked up, but her owner is working wiht her slowly by picking up her front paws every now and again and she'll get there soon. She still has a swipy side to her, but her owner says she knows when it's coming and to leave her be when she's like that. She has fresh chicken as a treat and lives a lovely indoor life!

It just goes to show that even the most difficult cat can be re-homed if only the right people come along *we wish!*
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 08:04:01 AM »
Holly story was she was abandoned over Christmas, she was reported to us as being frail and poorly, but she was no such thing.. Iindeed she was overweight!! and on  a strict diet.. This was a case where we were not given all the facts. The owners just got fed up with her i think..

The people that adopted her had a son nearby who they assured me was going to guide them and give them loads of advice... They were adamant that Holly was going to be their cat and they liked her independant attitude...

Still we dont win them all....
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 22:42:55 PM »
I'm sure she'll be okay, eventually.  :) I'm not sure exactly what Holly's story was, but if I remember right, I think she was a long term stray and the person feeding her suddenly couldn't do it anymore.  :'( She has been getting better in our care, I heard. She was with one of our most dedicated fosterers - a really nice lady called Paula.

I have to say I'd have given her longer too, but then again some people are more dedicated-persistant-stubborn, aren't they?  :evillaugh: And not every cat is right for every owner, and sometimes people won't be adviced. I can think of cases where I've known cats which would be much better choices than the one they have set their hearts on... but you can only lead a horse to water, can't you?  :innocent:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 22:30:21 PM »
Our darling boy Billy Whiz is still not pickupable after 2 years. Some cats just ain't cuddly and Holly obviously has ishoos that perhaps are not understood yet. It's always very difficult making judgements without all the facts from both hooman and feline points of view.  Really hope she finds someone with bags and bags of patience soon.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 21:58:34 PM »
Aww, it is nice to hear that it isn't as bad as first thought, shame they couldn't give her longer, but I have lived with an aggressive cat and unable to bear the thought of taking her back - I looked like I was into self harming for months, and had to go for a meal one very warm evenign in a long sleeve top cos she had attacked for no reason. With hindsight, I would have done things differently.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 21:48:39 PM »
Poor Holly , she sounds just like Sasa, although I know that Sasa would not hurt me deliberately now.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 21:45:51 PM »
Well, I have to say we shouldn't be too quick to judge on this one. There's 2 sides to everything. :shy: The puss in question was Holly and we were surprised, but very pleased, that anyone would give her a chance. These people knew what Holly was like and decided to give it a go anyway. Holly is not the most people-friendly cat you'd wish to meet!  :evillaugh: But it is very sad that Holly has let herself down and I'm sure the decision to return her wasn't taken lightly.  :( And be honest, they could have just taken her to the vet and asked for PTS.  :tired:

I am sure Holly will find her forever home one day. Maybe with a family of Lion tamers?  :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 20:33:45 PM »
or one of those battery operated cats  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 20:33:03 PM »
Possibly the type of person who would benefit more from a picture of a cat than the real thing.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 20:31:38 PM »
Its annoying that with all the thoroughness and effort put into rehoming, finicky people still manage to slip through the net   :tired:
She would be better off with a tin of beans for a pet as a goldfish may look at her  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 20:27:46 PM »
Sasa was sent back from her new homes for scratching and nipping  :(

MBll

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 20:24:53 PM »
well aint that pathetic

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 19:13:14 PM »
 :shify:  I suppose we should be grateful that declawing is illegal over here otherwise the new owner would probably have him down the vet getting his claws removed.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 18:55:29 PM »
OMIGOD on that basis I'd better take Geoffrey back then, I have war wounds from his recent trip to the vets.  Poor puss must be really confused  :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
rescue cat returned
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 18:50:17 PM »
Just got an email from Caroline. A cat that was rehomed recently is coming back as she scratched the lady - how ridiculous is that?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat