Author Topic: Dogs Trust - not very helpful  (Read 1810 times)

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Re: Dogs Trust - not very helpful
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 22:43:34 PM »
A wise older lady once said to me - meet a partner who is a cat lover and you find someone who loves love, meet a partner who is a dog lover and you meet someone who loves loyalty!!  :Luv:

Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 21:17:08 PM »
It is interesting really. My flat mates and I were once talking about our ideal mate. One, a particularly immature lad, started to hold forth about his perfect wife - some one who adored him and whose world revolved around him  - who would support him through thick and thin etc. I pointed out that what he really needed was a labrador, and he was insulted. I still think I was right, but would not want to inflict that particular prat on a labrador  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But some (but by no means all) dog owners, really do fall into the camp of people who just need (and I mean really NEED) to have something in their lives that adores them unquestionably. Sad, really. It is often the owners of the more 'aggressive' breeds that actually hate cats, the more slobbery doty dog types generally belong to more open minded folks ...

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 21:07:22 PM »
Having a paw in both camps I find its folks who want to pat the dog who annoy me neither of ours have regular interaction with kids and the parents say pat the dog!

However do have the problem with folks when visiting wanting to play with the cats despite us advising they will shred if you play with certain ones - even as their parent I don't do the touch thing like having scar free hands and no broken nails!

So now advise people you can't pat my dogs unless I can pat the children with the force they pat the dog! :shify: :shocked:  The laser pen takes care of playing with ferals
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 19:24:35 PM »
Thats great Den and welcome to the world of our masters/mistresses  ;D

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 19:22:52 PM »
 :shify: :shify: I'm a dog person through and through  :-: I'm also a certified Collie addict recently I've come to understand why people love cats and I appreciate and love to be around them. But I never used to like cats.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 19:21:18 PM »
In contrast, many (not all, certainly) dog people seem to have an absolute loathing of cats. Wonder why that is? Maybe cat people love the independence cats demonstrate while yet understanding dependence (we being so dependent upon them!), whereas dog people love the dependence (subservience?) of dogs and therefore cannot understand nor tolerate the independence of cats. Who knows.

I think you are right about the independence of cats and the subservience of dogs.

I was talking to someone in my art group and he said that he didnt like cats cos they went and did just what they wanted but with a dog it would do what it was told!  Its a power thing I reckon.

Dark Moon

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 19:18:11 PM »
I have known lots of dog people too and most that I have known like all (or many) breeds - not just one (though most DO have their preferences!). But there IS a distinct difference between cat and dog people. Cat people, in my experience, like most animals and will at least tolerate, if not like, dogs. Will  certainly help a dog in need. In contrast, many (not all, certainly) dog people seem to have an absolute loathing of cats. Wonder why that is? Maybe cat people love the independence cats demonstrate while yet understanding dependence (we being so dependent upon them!), whereas dog people love the dependence (subservience?) of dogs and therefore cannot understand nor tolerate the independence of cats. Who knows.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 19:16:57 PM »
Funnily enough - she said she allowed the leaflet up inside as she has her own cat and wouldn't be happy if it went missing (she did say "it")
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 19:07:51 PM »
No wonder Dog and Cat people tend to be in different camps...........or is it just the dog people !

Cat people I have met love all cats but Dog people seem to go just for one breed !

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Dogs Trust - not very helpful
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 19:04:17 PM »
I was leafleting for the missing stray today and I asked the Dogs Trust shop if she could put a leaflet in the window - She said she is only allowed to put stuff to do with dogs in the window but will put one up inside  :Crazy: - people never cease to amaze me. I donated loads of bath sheets and drove them over to their centre recently and they wouldn't even put a little A5 leaflet in the window  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat