Author Topic: I'm doing a homecheck for Holly  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: I'm doing a homecheck for Holly
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 16:47:15 PM »
good news, I'm sure she'll be happy Dawn

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:50:29 AM »
Aw, great news that she's going to settle quickly into her new home  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
Great news :wow:
I'm so pleased for Holly and she sounds as if she's got her paws well and truly under the table :Luv: :Luv:
hope you aren't missing her too much, Dawn :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 02:56:59 AM »
Holly went to her new home tonight and didn't bat an eyelid when I was leaving   :shocked:  I was wondering how she'd cope with being here for so long but she was absolutely fine, within minutes she was nuzzling Julie and snuggled in next to her  :Luv:  :Luv:  I'm really chuffed for her although it will seem strange without her, she will get loads of love and attention and I'm sure she'll be a lot happier being the only cat.  She was introduced to the dog whilst I was there and they were fine together, Holly was a little unsure but she's only been used to my 2 big lolloping lumps  ;)  Another happy outcome for a gorgeous girl  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 18:32:55 PM »
Holly is lovely, i do hope the new home is suitable for her and she has a happy life. :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 18:05:43 PM »
just shows doesn't it!  When I went to the Vicky Halls talk she said "if you've got more than one and no spraying think yourselves very lucky" ever since then I've fretted about stressing them!  I'm probably more stressed about it than they are

She also says feral kittens dont make good pets, mine are nice!
She also says stray toms are nothing but trouble, ^George^ was the nicest cat i could have asked for  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 16:36:15 PM »
Good luck with your homecheck Dawn - hope it's up to scratch and you think Holly will be happy there.  :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 14:29:56 PM »
just shows doesn't it!  When I went to the Vicky Halls talk she said "if you've got more than one and no spraying think yourselves very lucky" ever since then I've fretted about stressing them!  I'm probably more stressed about it than they are

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 14:25:42 PM »
I'm really lucky with mine, most of them get on really well and it's only the odd little monkey that causes ruptions, and surprisingly it's usually the girls  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 13:57:02 PM »
Must be hard after 2 years Dawn  :hug:

It will be Mark but I think Holly will be happier which has to be priority.  I can't believe that I've never thought of mentioning her to people when they've enquired about any cats I have that are good with kids and they've only wanted one  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  I really hope she'll settle in a new home, in some ways you feel awful in case she thinks she's unloved by rehoming her, hopefully she'll see it as a fresh start  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 13:42:50 PM »
Hope all goes well with Holly

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 13:33:07 PM »
Must be hard after 2 years Dawn  :hug:

Still you have to keep the numbers down to help others  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 13:29:36 PM »
Aw, hope the homecheck goes well  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 13:29:24 PM »
Definitely still 20 odd, I keep meaning to have a count up but I'm worried I'd have a heart attack  :evillaugh:  I've rehomed a few lately and still got homes lined up for a couple so it's not as bad on my pocket but in saying that, I've had a few in as well but I've rehomed more than I've taken in which is a good thing  :)  Also where Peony came from, the lady is having some ferals off me and she said if the tortie mum and her baby are okay with other cats, she wouldn't mind having them as indoor/outdoor cats so fingers crossed for those two.   Where Holly is going, they were in love with Daisy as well but they have a dog, and I spoke to Emma from the dog rescue and Daisy hates dogs  :tired:  I'm going to try her with mine in a week or so, and then I'll be able to assess her better.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 13:23:01 PM »
oh fingers crossed - how many cats do you have Dawn?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I'm doing a homecheck for Holly
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 13:20:37 PM »
I've had Holly now just over 2 years, she came in with Cleo who is a daddy's girl.  When people ask what cats I've got in for rehoming, I always tend to forget about her because she's just like part of the furniture now apart from when she's having spats with any of mine  :evillaugh:  She is gorgeous but isn't brilliant with other cats although she does tolerate them, I always remember when I got her in, she was such a little sod with Cleo and at the time, I had decided when she was rehomed, she would be better on her own.  I've had a lady contact me, has a couple of kiddies and a dog and has totally fallen in love  :Luv:  :Luv:  Holly absolutely adores fusses, loves my kids to bits and adores the dogs too so a match made in heaven me thinks  ;)  I will miss the little monkey as I've got so used to having her around but she will be happier where there's no other cats, so I'll be doing the homecheck on Sunday for her  :Luv:  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat