Author Topic: socs appeal. help us to help him  (Read 3584 times)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: socs appeal. help us to help him
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 08:04:35 AM »
You guys are great :thanks: :thanks:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 20:31:18 PM »
fingers crossed for socs kelly.  Its not much but I've popped a wee donation over for him.

:hug:
xxx
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 10:02:58 AM »
Aww hope soc's gets better  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 09:57:09 AM »
Aww, I do hope he will get better.
Please spay your cat

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 09:53:21 AM »
Following the initial stress of his move, Socs had settled so well with his lovely foster family. He had been eating well, was very playful and was enjoying cuddles. Kelly has worked hard grooming Socs and has managed to comb out the majority of his matt's.

Sadly though, Socrate's health has deteriorated over the past 24 hours - he has lost his appetite and his breathing has become much worse, with him now wheezing and generally seeming distressed and unwell. He has seen the vet again today and she wants to x ray his chest and run blood tests, so he is booked in for general anaesthetic next Thursday, 7th February. However the vet has said that if in the mean time Socs continues to deteriorate that he will be admitted over the weekend for investigations sooner. we are all very concerned for Socs but he is in very caring hands with Kelly and Steve and is receiving the very best of veterinary treatment, so we are hoping, following further investigation, his condition will be stabilised.

Many heart felt thanks to all those who have sent us donations for Soc's. In two days we have raised over £360 towards his veterinary treatment and we have the promise of more donations to come. We have been touched and heartened by your support and generosity.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 13:31:48 PM »
Fingers and toes crossed here  :hug: x

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 13:27:18 PM »
Poor socs is not very well today so I will be taking him back up the vet today. He is coughing and wheezing and is abit wobbly and seems to be in discomfort and de stressed poor baby. Hope they can give him somthing to make him feel better. keep your fingers crossed for poor baby socs.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 20:08:07 PM »
Many thanks for your support :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 20:05:03 PM »
Have just donated - looked on the website and the charity address is less than a mile from me!  Have never heard of them locally though.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 19:58:16 PM »
Hi we don't have a base . We have fosters all over the uk to look after our ragdolls and if possible we re home from the ragdolls last home to his new home without foster care. We are not very large put we are growing all the time with new volunteers coming to help us.I have only been with the ukrcc for just over a year and I can tell you that we have a growing number of ragdolls coming into our care. It just shocks me at the amount of ragdolls needing new homes for all different reasons. We get alot of people thinking we are as big as the rspca and other big charity's and expect us to get back to them with phone calls and emails but the fact is that Helen does all of them apart from a few that I do to help her out with. Helen really deveres a medal for all she does. I just really hope that people will give a donation however small to help us to help all these needy ragdolls and for poor little socs.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 19:45:46 PM »
Kelly I know this has been asked before I just can't find it nor on your website, where are the UKRCC based?

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 19:45:08 PM »
we have raised £215 so far so thank you too all who have already donated. :hug: :hug: :hug: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 19:41:56 PM »
We don't know yet as the vet wants to leave him for a couple of weeks if possible to let him settle abit and de stress. It all depends on what scan they do and were he has it done. but we are trying to Raise a £2000 so we know that we have enough funds for all his treatment and the cost of his care for the rest of his life. so fingers Crossed we will beable to get that amount.
we also have another boy in that will have to stay in foster care for the rest of his life so will help with his cost of care and vet bills too.
 hes his story if you would like to read it.

Mitzja (prounounced 'Mitssa') is a four year old Male Ragdoll. He has mild brain damage, which his vet feels is as a result of an infection he contracted while still in his Mum's womb and so he needs a high level of care. Mitzja also has a severe spraying problem, which is owner has managed for the past three years, by adapting her home and garden, to accomodate Mitzja. However recently the other cats in the home have started to toilet inappropriately.

I have spoken at great length with Mitjza's owner, to establish his problems and his needs. Between us we feel Mitzja would be better living as a stud cat companion, in a purpose built pen situation. Mitja is gentle, loving and enjoys the company of other cats.

Mitzja's owner feels great sadness that she has to let him go, but feels it is fairer to him and her other cats, as coping with him is becoming more and more difficult.

Mitzja is to be FIV/FeLV tested while still with his owner and once we have the results of these tests, he is coming into the care of the UKRCC, for life. He is going to live with Gail and Hannah and will eventually become companion to their stud boy, sharing his luxurious quarters. Gail is totally committed to giving this little man a home for life and we at the UKRCC will give our support and a life long commitment to him, funding all his veterinary care, vaccinations etc. etc. from our charity funds.

Gail words cannot express what we think of you, but thank you

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 19:32:22 PM »
How much do you think his treatment is going to cost?

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 21:18:12 PM »
thanks for your replies. Here is the link to ukrcc paypal account. http://www.ukrcc.co.uk/donate.shtml     any amount will be gratefully received.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 20:46:05 PM »
Poor Socs, such a handsome boy too  :Luv: Does the UKRCC have a paypal address to send donations to? 

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 20:44:13 PM »
Oh poor wee Socs - and what a gorgeous boy he is too!! I hope it turns out to be nothing too serious!  :scared:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 15:01:17 PM »
Aww he's lovely  :Luv2: I have had a couple of cats with eye wobbles (persians), one who is 10 yrs old, and another who I lost last year, age 14 (from pkd/renal failure unrelated to the eye wobble) The eye wobble has never caused them any probs and my vet has only commented on the wobble but was not concerned - it seems to be quite common in pedigrees - so hopefully its nothing sinister in Socs.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
socs appeal. help us to help him
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 14:45:59 PM »
Socrates is currently in the care of the UKRCC, with a foster family. As is the case with all Ragdolls that are in our care, Socrates was taken for a health check. He was started on his course of vaccinations and then given an full feline MOT. We were aware that Socs had been on steroids in the past, but contact with his previous vet, has revealed that Socs was diagnosed with asthma back in 2006. His breathing is a concern and following his health check, Socs is to be prescribed steroids and will also need an inhaler.

Sadly, Soc’s health check also revealed a more sinister problem. The vet found that he has an eye shake and she believes this is likely to be caused by a neurological disorder. The vet advised that there are many treatments to help continue Soc’s quality of life, but that diagnosis and treatment are expensive and likely to deplete our charitable funds substantially. She suggested that given this information we may not wish to proceed with any further investigation and may need to consider having him put to sleep. The UKRCC has a strict non destruction policy for any Ragdoll, except in cases where they are suffering and veterinary intervention cannot improve the situation. Socs is still young, at just 5 years old and he is a friendly, happy Ragdoll, who has a good quality of life. Although he does not seem to be in any pain or suffering any other symptoms at this time, we feel that in order to do our best for Socs and his future, that we need to proceed with the diagnostic procedures in order to establish a cause, a prognosis and hopefully a treatment, so that we can ensure he has a good quality of life for as long as possible.

Socs will need blood tests and a head scan in the first instance, to establish the cause of the neurological problem and we will then be guided by the vet, as to what course of action to take. Socs, his welfare and happiness will remain our focus and we shall fund all his treatment. Kelly and Steve will be caring for Socs for as long as needed and if necessary, for the rest of his life, with the financial, practical and emotional support of the UKRCC.

We are all shocked and saddened by the news of Soc’s condition, but we are hopeful we can give him a happy life and we shall make sure he receives the very best of love and care.

The UKRCC is a registered charity and all our work is funded by donations. In order to be able to support Socs and fund his diagnosis and treatment, while still remaining viable as a charity for the other Ragdolls, we are going to need raise funds to help cover his vet expenses.

So today the UKRCC are launchings Soc’s Appeal.

If you feel you would like to help us in providing the care and veterinary treatment that Socs so desperately needs, then please make a donation. Every penny given will be used to fund his veterinary treatment and maintain an excellent quality of life for him, so he can have as many years of Raggie love and fun as possible.

Thank you for your support.

www.ukrcc.co.uk

Link to CatChat