Author Topic: More foster updates  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: More foster updates
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 12:13:01 PM »
Yeah, although her owner was a bit upset at first cos my initial comment was 'wow, isn't she big!!' - it is the first time I have seen her in the flesh since she left, so i wasnt saying she was fat just that she needed to bulk out and has. She was actually taken into the rescue initially, she only came to me once she had been spayed - and went to someone I knew from the American forum, who has become a good friend - she is on our success stories list, but not my biggest success.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 12:09:49 PM »
what a difference Desley... you must be so proud of her.  Good on you too... she wouldn't be there without you :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »
Yeah, here is Annie's pic - she came in as an 8mo with 7 day old kittens, it was lovely to see her with some much needed weight on. The first pic is when she first came, the second taken the other weekend in her new home, 18 months later

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 11:38:16 AM »
its always great to hear they are doing so well Desley isn't it?    glad they are all doing so well.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 09:20:13 AM »
i know, I was unsure at letting her go due to her weight, but it looks like I did the best thing for her, which helps.

IT is - the people who picked Tiddles up asked if it broke my heart, and I said no, as they are going to a fab home, and it means I can help more cats. And, in the case of Tiddlles, she is bothered by other cats, so it is the best thing for her, she can get what she wants and deserves - being an only cat.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 02:02:38 AM »
This sounds great Desley  ;D

So nice to get updates and must make you feel good cos they in a great home and doing well.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 21:47:56 PM »
Just got this - will sort out pics later

Hi Desley Lucy did really well on her last visit to the vet for her weigh in. Herweight has been: Oct 7.69kgNov 7.45Jan 7.2Feb 6.95kg They are really pleased with how she is doing – she actually managed to jumpout of her basket when we opened it at the vet and when we got back shewalked along a fence – I don’t think she could even have got on it before –she is certainly a lot perkier. The vet thinks she might be left with someflaps!! But she should feel much better. Attached are some photos for you.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
More foster updates
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 10:15:44 AM »
Spoke to 2 people this week, the first was a phone call from Lucy's mum last night, she is losing weight, only small amounts, but the vet is happy with what she has lost, and she said visitors have even noticed she has lost some weight, which is good. She took my e-mail address, and will send me pics soon, and keep me posted after each weigh in. She thinks she is getting a bit more active now she is lighter, and she loves to sit with them in an evening, which is good.

I also spoke to Lily's (Necia while she was here) mum, she was spayed last month as she was showing signs of being in heat (she was 8 weeks old when she came here in September), she was the dark grey tabby, and has got darker, which I suspected. She is pretty much black on top, but still grey underneath, and she is going to send pictures soon.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat