Author Topic: NEw fosters coming this weekend!!  (Read 8826 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: NEw fosters coming this weekend!!
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 08:03:20 AM »
They are still only nibbling on their food, Moses likes catmilk, so at least I know she is getting something into her, and I got George to eat some Natures MEnu treats last night, and a friend is coming over on Sat with treats, so hopefully he will like some of them, and I do still have to keep separating Tiddles, as I dont think it is fair on her to feel like she constantly has to hiss and spit at the other two, and she does bat them from time to time, which isn't fair on them. WE have had a few tummy issues, one has had blood in their poo, and one has been sick, I am hoping it is a combination of worms and stress rather than anything more serious.
Please spay your cat

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 18:30:46 PM »
any update with the fosters?
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 07:35:01 AM »
i know, they aren't eating very well, despite their owner giving us their wet and dry food. Tiddles has finally eaten overnight (and the catnip sock is wet through!!), but I am not sure how much George has eaten - the dry food is going down more than the wet. I am going to take Tiddles back in with the other two this evening, and see if she is more settled now she has had some time out - they were kept in one room at their owners, so it could just be she is fed up of them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 23:28:07 PM »
Poor Tiddles, it must be hard for them leaving their home where they were loved.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 22:02:05 PM »
Well, I have ended up putting Tiddles into the bathroom, cos she wouldnt stop growling and hissing, and she was barely eating and seemed too stressed. She isn't growling in the bathroom fortunately. They are all very affectionate
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 07:49:10 AM »
Wonderful, thanks Kelly. I have only had enquiries for kittens this weekend!!
The two oldest are on the thin side, and quite hungry and act as though they are desperate for affection (although the male does scurry into a safe place when you walk in). The youngest is very hissy spitty (while headbutting you for more loves!!), so if she is still like this in a few days, I think I will split her up, she hasn't eaten much yet, and it can't be nice being that agitated all the time - I put some RR on her ears last night, but it didn't make much difference.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 22:13:23 PM »
I passed the details onto the lady who originally enquired about Marmy as well as to someone else who had emailed so hopefully they will call either you or rescue (for Tilly or Tammy) I'll keep pushing these 3 with any enquiries we get.
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 17:27:58 PM »
I know, the poor lady did look very ill. The cats are very shy at the moment, so just leaving them to settle and wandering in for short periods. The male was described as a grey tabby, but I would class him as a brown tabby - he is very dark on his back. Then we have 2 black and white females, I am struggling to work out which one is which at the moment!! There is Moses, who is 8 ,and Tiddles who is 4. I have never come across a cat called Moses before, although had both a George and a Tiddles (last Tiddles was also black and white!!). George and what I think is Moses are both on the thin side, so will try and build those two up, and Tiddles is bigger. If she seems a bit on the big side, I might put her in the bathroom for a short while each day to let the others eat more food. Pics will take a while.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 19:54:34 PM »
Would be my worst nightmare  :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 11:12:57 AM »
i know, the poor lady.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 11:10:42 AM »
I agree with Gill: a diagnosis like that and then having to give up your cats on top of it.  Awful.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 10:59:06 AM »
Thanks.
Please spay your cat

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »
Aww poor women having to give her babies how heart breaking.Hope you can find they great homes soon.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 10:05:10 AM »
Thanks everyone - and you are right Nic, I couldnt have helped them if Garfield and MArmy were still here. I do feel very sorry for the owner, she kept saying both last night despite there being 3 cats, so I wonder if she only wants us to take 2 of them. We shall see what happens tomorrow, I am currently waiting to hear from my friend over a suspected homeless kitten!!
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 21:10:21 PM »
oooh nice one Desley.   I'm sure the little ones will be grateful for a warm, safe place to rest their weary heads.

Hope all goes well with this 3... all paws, fingers and toes well and truly crossed for them here.

Look forward to the piccies????  ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 21:09:32 PM »
Poor Owner, I feel so sorry in a case like this and it must be terrible to be ill like this and then also have to give up the cats. Loads of good wishes to the owner  :hug: :hug:

Well Desley , you know what we will be waiting for  ;D ;D

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 21:05:58 PM »
Good luck with the new fosters - it looks as though everything has worked out for the greater good recently!

We adopted Garfield, Marmy got Adopted too - giving you ample space to open your doors to other cats searching for a loving home!

Desley you're a STAR!! :wish:
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 21:02:26 PM »
Eep! Good luck, Desley. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
NEw fosters coming this weekend!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 19:22:01 PM »
On Sunday, so I better enjoy my last day of rest tomorrow, cos shall be back up to 6 on Sun (over my comfortable limit!!). Their owner has liver cancer, so is unable to keep them, there is a 7yo grey tabby, a 4yo black and white female, and an 8yo black and white female. Fingers crossed they settle OK, and are easy to rehome - she said they could be split up, so I shall see what they are like here. I have only ever had 2 adults in my cat room, so fingers crossed it is big enough for 3 (6ft 9 by 11 ft 9, but there is 2 bookcases and a wardrobe in there).
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat