Author Topic: Not happy  (Read 1943 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Not happy
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 15:01:46 PM »
doesnt' sound good at all Lottie.  I'd definitely raise it with them for sure.  No doubt when they do get back they will be diving for food and litters trays as I may suspect they won't have had anything.  Let us know how the babies are later on xx
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 21:39:26 PM »
Hope your trio are OK, Lottie. I have to say I'd have said something to the vet about being unhappy with the situation if it was me, definitely. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 19:48:50 PM »
Thats awful, if they had no space they shouldnt have taken your booking!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 18:51:34 PM »
i think that is so bad of your vet lottie......love to the cats when they come home  :hug: :hug:

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 14:27:26 PM »
They are still in their carrier and will be until they are picked up between 6 and 6.30pm (depending when Dave gets out of work)

Apparently they are all fine and lying down quietly in it. Not sure how as three of them struggle to lie down in it with no litter tray in it so if they've got a litter tray in there (which they had better have!!) they must be so so squashed up.

Can't wait until 7/7.30pm when they can finally get out of their carrier as they've been in it since 7.30am when Dave left  :(
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 13:48:52 PM »
I'd have to agree that doens't sound on at all, hope you've managed to get this sorted out now Lottie  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »
Im sorry but your cats were at the vets first, they should be made allowences for, not other animals that may come in after  >:(

If your not happy I would ring and tell them what you want to happen, after all you are paying for their service  :Crazy:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »
i agree with your last sentence lottie, this is really not on  :hug: :hug:

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 10:37:29 AM »
Our vets don't have any isolation pens Liz, they've got 3 big dog pens and about 6 or so cat pens and that's it (it's only a little vets).

Apparently they have 1 dog pen free but want to keep it free in case any big dogs have to come in but if by later in the afternoon there are no signs of big dogs then they might look at moving them into that so they've still got the whole morning squashed in a little cage.

Don't see personally why they can't just put them in the dog pen now and if a big dog comes in then move them back into their carrier!!

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 10:33:46 AM »
My vet has pens that easily fit 4 large cats without stress!!!
Do call and say you're not happy!
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »
I would ring and enquire gently

In our vets the isolation pens are the biggest so if they don't have a normal space they could pop all 3 in there with food and litter tray - the water usually clips on the bars of the cage - well at our vets anyway

Lottie please don't stress just phone! :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 10:02:29 AM »
I'd ring and gently enquire - I think you are right that it is unacceptable for them to spend that much time in a confined space without a litter tray at least

• Distinguished Cat
Not happy
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:58:33 AM »
For the first time ever I'm not happy with my vets  :(

Dave dropped the 3 cats off this morning for their annual blood tests and has just informed me that the receptionist said they'll be spending the day in their carrier!!  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Is it just me or is expecting 3 NFCs to spend from 8.30am until 6pm in a 82x57cm carrier totally unreasonable?! They have no litter tray in the carrier as I couldn't fit one in with all 3 of them in the carrier (they never normally travel with 3 in that carrier btw!) so when the vets put a litter tray in they'll have even less room and I've no idea how the cats will eat or drink as I've no idea where food and water bowls will go without the cats having to sit on top of each other. I can't see how they'll be able to all sit down in the carrier with a litter tray in it let alone lie down.

I asked for them all to be kept together as they get stressed if separated as with 3 of them 1 ends up being alone if they are split into 2 pens and they'll drive the vets nutty if they start howling to each other however I meant in them to be kept together one of the big pens they keep dogs in not their carrier!

Should I ring the vets up and 'enquire' as to whether they've settled into the pen ok (until I spoke to Dave I had no idea they were spending the day in a carrier) and then when they tell me they are in the carrier moan at them or what? There is no way of the cats being picked up before 6pm as Dave is at work until then and I don't have a car.

What would you do?

Link to CatChat