Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Elizabethan Collars (silly Q)

<< < (2/3) > >>

isabel:
When can she go outside?
She's pretty much an indoor cat, but she enjoys a romp in my parents garden when we visit.

Ela:

--- Quote ---My little girls both had there ops 2nd week in October and their fur still isn't full grown back, think it will be a few more weeks........its nearly there.

--- End quote ---

On some cats it seems to grow very quickly and others it takes forever.

Liza:
My little girls both had there ops 2nd week in October and their fur still isn't full grown back, think it will be a few more weeks........its nearly there.

Tried both of mine in collars as they were both trying to get at the stiches - also trying to clean the area around it after surgery.  The collars stressed them so much that I took them off.  Jet & Cruz then didn't really bother with them after the first day or so, think the inital thing was maybe just trying to have a good wash..........

isabel:
Thanks for the info :)  :thanks:
She's just so depressed with it on!

I think I'll try washing her face for her with some damp cotton.

She's got dissolvable stitches, but I'll leave it on for the ten days anyway.
Any idea how long it'll take for some fur to grow back?
She's a little baldie!

izzyXX

kris:
Awww poor baby will hate the collar, my freddie had to keep his on after his eye op for 10 days, I didn't take it off him at all because he hated it being put on him SO much that I didn't want to upset him further, I cleaned his face for him and wiped the rest of him down with wet cloths (it was the middle of summer), he was able to eat, drink, get into the tray and sleep although he didn't half try and make me feel guilty  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version