Author Topic: Advice with our visiting cat  (Read 1640 times)

Offline mollycat

• Adult Cat
Re: Advice with our visiting cat
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 18:30:31 PM »
Ah thanks everyone, I think you're right, they probably do get on well considering they've only just met. We'll just take it gradually and see how it goes.

I think you're right Dawn, our heating is on tonight so I'm sure he'll be loving that!

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »
Firstly, I love the name Bert for a cat! It's brilliant!

It sounds like Bert should be fine with him. Maybe try and introduce the other cat gradually, like having him in the house for longer periods of time and work it out from there.  :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 09:36:35 AM »
sounds like they get on pretty well, if he didn't like the other one you'd know about it and the fur would fly!

cats do tend to get friendlier in cold weather!  one of mine is a lapcat for about three months of the year only!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 19:47:21 PM »
I think the little one may actually help Bert and dont think it will set him back  ;D

If they play together already this sounds good and so pleased he is doing well with you  ;D

Offline mollycat

• Adult Cat
Advice with our visiting cat
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 18:57:54 PM »
Hi there,
I got some really useful advice on here before regarding our really nervous cat Bert, so I'm hoping for some opinions on this.

Bert is very nervous of humans having only ever lived at the CP since being a kitten. We've had him since June and although we still can't touch him he has come on loads, and even slept on the bed with us for the first time last night :Luv:

Lately a little young cat has been turning up to play with Bert, and most of the time they get on well, with the exception of little one being over playful when Bert has had enough. Little one doesn't want to go home when Bert comes in at night and cries at the window, we've carried him home across the road and chatted with his owners. They ended up with him as a favour, and although they look after him, they would seem happy to let him stay here with Bert.

So here's my dilemma, could this set Bert back (as he comes first obviously), just as he was trusting us a new little cat coming on the scene, or might it help him to see how 'normal' cats behave? By the way I don't feed little one, I would never do this as he isn't ours, but he does wander inside as the door is open for Bert, Bert just watches him and then ignores him, but little one occasionally spits at Bert which I don't like in his own home!

Link to CatChat