Author Topic: Please help!!!  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Please help!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 21:03:46 PM »
Glad the vet is going to help.  I'm sure Belle is just a bit scared of your partner ... if you look at it from her view of the world (about 6 inches off the floor) he probably seems like a giant, combined with the football shouts (we've all heard them) and no doubt a heavy footstep, you can understand why he might be a bit daunting for a little one.  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline prettyinpink1101

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Belle
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 20:24:50 PM »
 :thanks: all soooooo much! after paniking slightly at all the comments about her having a fit i called the vet! who told me it could be a fit if she is foaming at the mouth! thank god is doesnt!!

then she said it is her behaviour she has a problem! they have offered me a spray ( i cant think of its name now!) it will calm her down!

They said it is nothin g to worry about at the moment but it is probably her playing up when i am not there or a territory battle between my partner and belle!!!!!!!!!

To be honest with you all my partner feeds the cat and plays with her lots! he wanted the cat more than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is going to try not shout when watching football etc just to see if this is what is scaring her!!! lets hope it works!!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 13:16:33 PM »
I agree with Gill ... I'm saying that anythig untoward has happened between her and your partner but it certainly sounds like she may be frightened of him for some reason.  If the vet rules out any medical condition then I would suggest you try and get your partner to start bonding with her .... he needs to spend some quality time with her down on her level  playing with toys etc.  You could even suggest that he becomes the main feeder ... this will strength the bond as she will see him associated with good things.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 13:07:03 PM »
I think she needs a check up,before you think of going away.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
I dont want to cast dispersions but you say this  happens usually when she is alone with your partner, has it ever happened infront of you?

If not I would be worried!

I think a vet visit is definately called for and if your current vet isnt that interested , maybe a change of vet?

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
Could it be some sort of epilepsy or similar causing her to lose control? I'd say she needs examined by a vet really too.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »
Agree with Angie if not get her speyed and a vets visit is called for if this is happening at the same time every month then take her to the vet during that time
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:51:40 AM »
has she been spayed?

Offline prettyinpink1101

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:41:32 AM »
 :thanks: Dawn, To be honest its more the spooked out thing she does that i think makes her poo!

I  have contacted the vet before, who told me it was probably Belle just scared of something! Thats why i thought of putting something on here incase anyone else is having the same trouble with their kitten

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »
maybe she has stomach pain which make her react like that before going to the toilet - she needs to see the vet really

Offline prettyinpink1101

• Kitten
Please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please help or give me some advice!

Every so offten my 9 month old kitten gets very upset! She has an arched back, hisses and growls and will not let anyone touch her.
When she is in this mood she always poo's herself ( this is always diaherra) sometimes Belle wee's too but not always!

She will not let her clean her up, my partner has had to put a towel over her to clean her so she doesnt attack!

For me this is very distressing, i hate to see her upset!

When this happens my partner is normally in the house by himself i am never normally there!
And when i come home she always wants cuddles from myself!
This has been happening since we had Belle at 6 weeks old and it happends roughly every month!

Can anyone shed some light to what could be the matter with her!

We are putting her in a cattery in 2 weeks time and i am really worried about leaving her incase she has her moment of madness!

Thanks for the help in advance

Link to CatChat