Author Topic: Pacey's Toilet Habits  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Pacey's Toilet Habits
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 22:00:42 PM »
Has he been checked out at the vets to make sure there isnt a medical cause for the toileting issues? Is doing both wees and poos in inappropriate places?

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 16:45:34 PM »
i haven't tried them and i hadn't even thought of them! Thanks will try that  :)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 15:42:47 PM »
Laura have you nried the triangle grit boxes for this purpose, we have a couple of the covered ones as we have a feral who will not for love money or drugs use anywhere but the 2 corners so I put grit boxes in them and now have no misses, one is covered and one is open both have plastic behind them and under them and this has solved his problem
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Pacey's Toilet Habits
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 15:10:41 PM »
Has anyone got any advice about how we can help Pacey, our persian rescue. he has been here a couple of months now and is settling well after he was initially terrified of the other cats. as he had been left outside to fend for himself, he saw the other cats as competition and we seem to have sorted this as he often snuggles up to the other cats. but he is having toileting issues. he has demonstrated he can use a litter tray just fine, but for wee and poo but every now again again he goes to a corner (without a litter tray) and just does his business. there are almost 2 trays per cat in our house and we have been using feliway. i thought it was to do with being stressed about the other cats but it seems it is directed at us because he does it in an empty room- behind the door as well when he is shut in. it is driving my partner mad because now Pacey has taken to standing next to him and just weeing for no apparant reason. any ideas?

Link to CatChat