Author Topic: bacon on the bench  (Read 2052 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: bacon on the bench
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 22:10:18 PM »
Hahahahahahahahaha! You got me good there Mrs Moggy :briggin: :briggin: :briggin:

Tax eh? People will always need tax advice, so have one for you anyway   :you go girl:  (but I bet there was more than just an ickle bit of wishful thinking there?)

I'm a wishful civil servant  :larf 2:

Now back to the bacon thievery and hot tops...I need a drink !

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 21:29:52 PM »
Err ....  I were joshin  :-[ :-[ :-[  Not about the hob cover being fab, coz it so is... just about bein associated with the company. 

Er .... I advise peeps on tax ... err  Sorry  :sneakin:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 19:56:09 PM »
Aha! Completely unintentional plug - great gear!  :you go girl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 19:34:23 PM »
Blimey that's brilliant  :wow: and very reasonable cost

Rosella
x (AKA CEO Big Red Warehouse Ltd  :evillaugh: )
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 19:34:40 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 18:18:18 PM »
This problem might be worth a small investment...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hot-Chilli-Float-Glass-Cover/dp/B002SPEKXS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh1

or get an ironing board cover and cut it to size, place "hot" side down over the hob and weight down with your two remaining pans  8) :briggin:

(Forgive the smirks, as I too know exactly what you went through - did the same thing when boiling eggs and chucked the whole pan out of the door narrowly missing head of OH - ooops   :Crazy: )

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 08:11:56 AM »
cant really get covers, and er after a pmt tantrum over burnt pasta at bottom of pans i have left my self with only 2 til i get my pay through  :rofl: going to get a water gun see how he feels about that lol im knakered running in and out getting him down lol would help if he hadnt trained the dogs to open doors for him lol

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 21:02:03 PM »
I put pans full of cold water on the hob after it has been used  :shy: after a couple of slightly burnt paws...
 :)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
bacon on the bench
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:20:48 AM »
Firstly, fried breakfast for tea/dinner is not weird - it's delicious :drool;

Secondly, and apologies for this, I couldn't help but :evillaugh: at the thought of Twix helping himself!

What type of hob is it? Can you get hob covers for it? I'm paranoid about my hob, which is a ceramic one, as I just have visions of Riley jumping on it after I've turned it off and melting his feet :scared: Lu doesn't go up on surfaces ever, Riley doesn't very often but he does do it and unfortunately I haven't found a way to stop him - you could try a water pistol (Riley loved it!) or foil on the surface as it supposedly puts them off. I now just keep the door shut during and after I've used the hob and have started cooking some hob stuff in the microwave eg beans and pasta.

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
bacon on the bench
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:28:40 AM »
so twix can jump on to he bemch from floor now, before a drawer needed to be open. so last night id made a fried breackie as tea (wierd and disgustingly unhealthy i no) and was bringing in the plates and adam starts shouting for me, come in and there is twix growling and eating the raw bacon that was left open on the bench got a few scratches and a huffy cat but think he only managed a few bites before i got it away from him. but how do i keep him off benches, our cooker is broke and one of the hobs comes on as soon as u turn cooker on and im sooooo paranoid he is ging to jump up and burn his paws so how do i stop him getting up there cos now he knows that food i sup there he'll be up all the time  :'(

Link to CatChat