Author Topic: Thin Cat, eats rapaciously, soft stool  (Read 2228 times)

Offline sarasara

• Adult Cat
Re: Thin Cat, eats rapaciously, soft stool
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 12:02:34 PM »
He had blood on his stool this morning so he is going in in an hour to spend a few days having tests. Means getting into even more debt  :-: but pussies  :wow: ;D :Luv: always come first.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 19:03:58 PM »
As I live in a remote area I have just paid a fortune to send him by taxi to the vet with a list of his problems, he got neutered but I discovered had not been examined or given the vaccinations I asked them to give so I can't afford to take him to a vet right now. 

So, can I ask  :-:, are you in the UK and if so how remote are you?

If I recall correctly, I also asked on another thread whether the vet had properly aged the poorly cat but don't recall the answer  :-:

Not meaning to be difficult but the answers matter.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 19:07:44 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline sarasara

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 18:31:48 PM »
I apologize for replying!

You said you sent him by taxi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so that sounds like you werent there.

I will leave this to others to reply.
typo

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 17:00:49 PM »
I apologize for replying!

You said you sent him by taxi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so that sounds like you werent there.

I will leave this to others to reply.

Offline sarasara

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 13:14:28 PM »
Can I ask why you didnt go in the taxi with him to the vets? You really need to be present to ask questions.

Afraid we are not vets and its very hard to have a clue when the cat has seen two vets albeit one you werent happy with and you were not present at the other.

Are you in the UK and if so what remote area are you in?

It does sound as if this cat needs tests and being soley on dry food is not very good for it. It will eat a lot to feel full as dry food needs to expand in the stomach and then is likely to feel over ful cos this takes some time to happen. Wet food with some dry would be a far better option.
He started on wet food, wet food gives him diarrhea, thats why the vet told me on the phone to feed him dry. Dry just gives him soft but without the egg effect. Of course I went with him. The surgery said all the vets were in a meeting and he would be examined in the evening. I later found he was never examined; just had his speying next day. Anyway Gill, let us see if someone can answer who has had a similar experience.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 13:15:24 PM by sarasara »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »
Can I ask why you didnt go in the taxi with him to the vets? You really need to be present to ask questions.

Afraid we are not vets and its very hard to have a clue when the cat has seen two vets albeit one you werent happy with and you were not present at the other.

Are you in the UK and if so what remote area are you in?

It does sound as if this cat needs tests and being soley on dry food is not very good for it. It will eat a lot to feel full as dry food needs to expand in the stomach and then is likely to feel over ful cos this takes some time to happen. Wet food with some dry would be a far better option.

Offline sarasara

• Adult Cat
Thin Cat, eats rapaciously, soft stool
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »
I have a young adopted stray, very thin, rapacious appetite, being fed dry, good quality food ok'd by vet. He has been wormed twice with Veterniary standard wormer. His toilet is not smelly but it is soft and remained so after I had a vet come out and give him an anti-biotic injection. The vet was young and did not know how to hold a cat so he escaped a couple of times and then got very streesed. The vet felt his organs through a thick towel and said he found them ok, I was not impressed though that thatcould give an accurate assessment. Also his stool is very small for the amount he eats. I dont overfeed him for fear of expanding his tummy though he eats more than the other cats. Seems to have no respitory or other problems. Can be very active. What could the problem be? And if it is liver or thyroid can this be treated? He seems a healthy cat in all other respects.

As I live in a remote area I have just paid a fortune to send him by taxi to the vet with a list of his problems, he got neutered but I discovered had not been examined or given the vaccinations I asked them to give so I can't afford to take him to a vet right now.

Thanks for your advice.

Link to CatChat