Author Topic: Neutered male spraying in house  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
Re: Neutered male spraying in house
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 17:56:28 PM »
Thanks guys, I had suggested a UTI, I will urge him to get him to the vets x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 16:26:20 PM »
definately vet, my old cat had blood in his urine with a partial blockage and it was brownish

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 15:31:41 PM »
I'd say definitely a trip to the vets as that doesn't sound normal.  When cats spray it is normal urine so if this is smelling different and looks brown it sounds like there might be blood in it which can be a sign of a UTI.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 15:21:05 PM »
I think a trip to the vets may be in order just to rule out any issues and perhaps mention Zylkene to them helps with some fear issues if the building works are ongoing
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
Neutered male spraying in house
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 15:17:50 PM »
Hi, my boss has a 5 year old neutered male cat that has started spraying in the house in the last 4-6 weeks.
He sprays on a chair daily and has just started spraying in another area of the house.
There are no other cats in the house. He says that it is a different smell to normal urine (I don't know if they smell different because i've only ever had females) but he has also said that it is slightly brown in colour.
The only thing they can put it down to is stress due to building work. (They have bought next door and are making it into one property)
They have tried feliway with no change. Apart from the spraying he has been acting normally, eating, playing e.t.c.

Any ideas of how to stop this? My boss is out of ideas.

Many thanks  :)

Link to CatChat