Author Topic: Poorly Siamese  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Re: Poorly Siamese
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 05:55:57 AM »
My youngest Siamese has been poorly for about a month now and has had to stay at the vets off and on for about 6 days. She has been nauseous/vomiting, lethargic, she passed some slimy mucus with a small amount of blood. She has had two ultrasounds which were OK her bloods showed that her kidneys were fine and know we are waiting to see if it is her pancreas and has been on a drip because she was dehydrated. She will be Ok for a while and then spends her time staring into her bowl of water and is off her food.

She doesn't leave the house and is on Hills prescription i/d 6 tiny meals a day.

Help

Her name is Babi Coco but everyone calls her Coco except me I call her Babe, Babi or Coco.  She is 8. My other Siamese Ping or P, Pea Pod, Pingaling is 17.

I really hope they get some sort of diagnosis soon as I get really stressed out when she has an attack.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 23:40:52 PM »
Sorry to hear she's been so poorly :care: It sounds like the vets are being fairly pro-active with the tests and good to hear that the ultrasounds and blood tests are clear. When will you hear about the pancreas?

My cat had something similar a few months back which I never found the cause of, he also ended up on a drip at the vets and he went on to make a full recovery. I really hope it will be the same for your cat  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 22:34:23 PM »
Oh Peardrop .... can't offer any advice but sending lots of love and hugs to you and plenty of get well vibes for your furbabe.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 20:23:08 PM »
Whats her name and how old?

What does the vet think it is?

Hopr she gets better soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Poorly Siamese
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 19:30:47 PM »
My youngest Siamese has been poorly for about a month now and has had to stay at the vets off and on for about 6 days. She has been nauseous/vomiting, lethargic, she passed some slimy mucus with a small amount of blood. She has had two ultrasounds which were OK her bloods showed that her kidneys were fine and know we are waiting to see if it is her pancreas and has been on a drip because she was dehydrated. She will be Ok for a while and then spends her time staring into her bowl of water and is off her food.

She doesn't leave the house and is on Hills prescription i/d 6 tiny meals a day.

Help

Link to CatChat