Author Topic: Twix is sick!!  (Read 1437 times)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
Re: Twix is sick!!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »
Awww poor thing. Give him some head strokes from me. Hope he's feeling better.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
Glad he's feeling better  :)

How're yours now Angie?

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 21:23:58 PM »
seems fine tonight, think he ate his dinner too fast cos it didn look like he had chewed any of it

Think they just like to worry us!! Hope urs r ok angie and just playing silly beggers  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 18:15:04 PM »
I've had a couple of mine off recently.
Goose last week and he seems to have picked up, and now Belle is looking sorry for herself.
TBH, I'm in the 'wait for a few days and see what happens' frame of mind at the moment. They are young and otherwise healthy.

Titch is still bring a sod, so I'd not be shocked if there was an abcess brewing somewhere - haven't felt one yet.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 18:03:12 PM »
Hope he's perked up a bit by now :care:

:get well: Twix

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 15:19:39 PM »
  :hug::thanks: Gill, im at work currently so will have to wait til i get home to check him. Poor little mite

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 13:23:45 PM »
Yes I think if he hasnt eaten tonight then a vet trip maybe a good idea, are his ears hot to touch?

If so and if he hasnt been near a heat source or lying on them, he may have a temperature.

Hope he is better quick  :hug:

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
Twix is sick!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »
Last night i was cuddled up in bed with the dogs and heard twix crying, thought he just wanted the kittens out for a play but it went on for a while so i trotted downstairs to see what w s up and he is sitting at the bottom of stairs retching i thought he was going to cough up a hair ball or something and then suddenly he projectile vomited (im not exageratting) all his dinner (a full satchet) across the floor, but it didnt look like he had chewed any of it! must of scared himself cos he leapt back as if his tail had been stood on, so after i cleaned it up i took him to bed offered him fresh water and he went to sleep so i thought hmmmmm strange then about half a hour later he started crying again, and i though oh no!! Same happened again only this time he had no food left so it was what appeared to be his breakfast all sludgy and horrid chewed this time  ;)( :sick: to much info??) came up and a bit of bile as well, but then he just went straight back to sleep. Stayed awake for a bit and woke up a few times thinkign i could hear him crying but he slept like a baby all night (which is strange anyway since normally he has a bit of a play about 3 am) and then this mornign he wasnt at all bothered that his brekkie was up, but he was full of beans playing with the kittens and woke me up with my usual wet kiss.
All of the other kittens are fine and dandy, he hasnt eaten anything he wouldnt have usually, so im stumpted? Any ideas??? If he doesnt eat tonight do you think a quick vet trip might be needed?

Link to CatChat