Author Topic: big hoover-nose bear vs Persian picky puss...  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: big hoover-nose bear vs Persian picky puss...
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 22:06:21 PM »
We have small bowls of dried food in several locations so that everyone gets something as I have grazers, guzzlers and 2 noctunal ferals so like them all to have a go of course crunching biscuits from Riley from the top of the wardrobe can be a tad noisey but he is much nicer now he gets his own special bowl :shocked:

We also have Caspurr our second rescue raggie who only eats out of certain shaped bowls and cause its not normal ones the others think its a treat and always want to eat them we are working on getting him to eat our of normal bowls, but he gets his wet food in the guest bedroom at night and has his own biscuit bowl in the bathroom, visitors are getting used to him :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 19:50:58 PM »
Would it be an option to shut big hoover-nose bear in a room of his own overnight so Persian picky puss has time to graze (or vice-versa)?  Unless there is a food that big hoover-nose actively dislikes then I think this is probably the only option  :shy:

I've started closing Riley in the kitchen to eat while Lu eats outside the kitchen, they get fed at the same time but Riley insists on leaving his bowl to munch on Lu's (identical) food and poor Lu just wanders off looking bewildered. He's not clever enough to simply move onto Riley's bowl!  :innocent:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 18:44:49 PM »
I have same problem with Dyson nose Lupin and grazer Ducha who is 18yrs............its also a problem cos have tried hiding the food so I can reach it from bed for Ducha but Lupin sniffs it out, although if I put a cover over it like a plate or dish, that seems to work.

However as you can tell my sleep is not very ongoing and when I get the food down and put it on corner of bed, I am falling asleep and then Dyson gets it grrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
big hoover-nose bear vs Persian picky puss...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 17:26:46 PM »
Well that's it really.

Anyone got any tips on helping one fat greedy Chester cat stay slim when Smokey is a grazer? Chester makes food disappear in seconds leaving poor old Smoke crying in the night for some noms.

Smoo is really picky so I can't opt for something only he likes. I've given him a few biscuits before bedtime recently but they keep getting munched by the wrong cat  :tired:

thanks in advance catfans :-)
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Link to CatChat