Author Topic: Kittens with cat flu  (Read 1534 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Kittens with cat flu
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:15 AM »
...Or they've removed it for him. Can only hope. Glad the little one's on the mend. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »
glad to say the baby white one is on the mend his eyes have cleared up no wheezing just a bit of a sneeze now and again PHEW
i contacted the free website they were advertised on and reported the breeder who has now removed his other kitten advert  >:(

Offline Ambi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 22:18:35 PM »
Our little kitten was a bit snuffly and coughing - vet said she had mild dose of cat flu when we got her.  Our other cats had their vaccs and have been ok.  She is right as rain now and oddly enough she has the most fab appetite too  :naughty:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »
But the vet ruled out a secondary infection of any kind? Glad they're doing better - and well done for helping them. Hope the "breeder" gets some sort of punishment for the obvious neglect.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 14:51:20 PM »
We have 2 former feral kittens here and the are recovering from cat flu, vet gave them a Covenia Jab and Sherbet is fine but Kali has a sore eye and has Clinagel for it three times a day with a lot of vibes from being my nice tamed down purry baby she is now all claws when Mummy does her eye

If her adult cats are injected they should be fine only the kittens were snotty here and Caspurr the rescue raggie with injection problems had a Covenia jab as a precaution and he is fine
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »
yes the poor mite they've had eye drops as there eyes were really bad now he's snotty and a bit weezy too fine in himself though he eats as if it's his last meal  :briggin:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 12:34:46 PM »
He's wheezing and sneezing? (This is the pure white kitten, isn't it?) Has the vet seen him and ruled out a respiratory infection?

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
Kittens with cat flu
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »
i rescued 2 kittens from a certain site they both have cat flu and were covered in fleas, I've had them now for a week the female seems lots better than she was and is going to live with my brother and sister in law today i know she will be totally spoilt and they have instructions to carry on bathing her eyes and nose they have no other cats.
The other kitten had been really poorly his eyes are clearing much better now but he is wheezing and sneezing lots it turns out he is deaf my sister has offered to adopt him but she has other cats does anybody know when the virus is no longer infectious to other cats and when will his symptoms stop

Link to CatChat