Author Topic: Moral Support Required  (Read 19939 times)

Offline Harry and Katies Mum

• Adult Cat
Re: Moral Support Required
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2011, 20:23:58 PM »
I am so pleased he is home  ;D ;D ;D

Just a thought, Lupin is on gastro intestinal food still and its a wet veterinery food made by RC ,,,,,,,,,,maybe worth asking if he could have this instead.  I suspect the dry you have is the dry version of this ?

If he can and will eat it, then drop me a pm and I will give you a link for cheapest place to buy it, My last lot of 48 pouches is going to have to be rebought I think but I can also send you a couple of pouches to try if the vet gives the go ahaed.

Hi there.  It is RC gastro intestinal moderate calorie food and the dry stuff is what we have at the moment.  He's sort of eating it at the moment but its really not helped by the fact that his sister Katie is really giving him a hard time at the moment and Harry just tends to back down and walk off.  We have to take him back to the vet tomorrow so I will ask about the wet food tomorrow - they may even have some there that we can take and try.  I may even have to shut them in separate rooms at mealtimes but again thats difficult as they both graze rather than eating their meal in one go.

I hope to find out more when we go to the vet tomorrow and I'm just glad he's home but I'm also really paranoid about whether he's eating or not.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2011, 18:16:37 PM »
I am so pleased he is home  ;D ;D ;D

Just a thought, Lupin is on gastro intestinal food still and its a wet veterinery food made by RC ,,,,,,,,,,maybe worth asking if he could have this instead.  I suspect the dry you have is the dry version of this ?

If he can and will eat it, then drop me a pm and I will give you a link for cheapest place to buy it, My last lot of 48 pouches is going to have to be rebought I think but I can also send you a couple of pouches to try if the vet gives the go ahaed.

• Adult Cat
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2011, 15:24:30 PM »
Finally Harry is home unfortunately his sister isn't quite so keen to see him and shes hissing and growling at him.  I hope that settles down soon as at the moment he has hidden himself under the bed.

We've got a special gastro intestinal food to feed him and he has to have a potassium supplement added to this problem is its the dry food they want him to have and Harry prefers wet food but hopefully he's get used to it.  He also has to have 1/4 of a pepcid tablet with 2 meals and 1/4 of another tablet and I can't remember whats its called.

We've got to go back to the vets tomorrow so they can check him and then its back next week for blood tests to be done.

I'm so pleased his home but I think its going to take a while for things to settle down as Harry certainly seems unsure of it here at the moment but I suppose thats no great surprise as he'd been at the vets for over a week.

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2011, 12:22:04 PM »
Oh wow just read the news I am so pleased to hear that your little man is well enought to go home with you today  ;D ;D ;D

someones in for lots of cuddles and kisses when they get home  :blow kiss:

Such a happy ending  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Give him a big  :blow kiss: from me

Denise
Xxxx
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »
Been reading and seeing if your lad was allowed home - great to read he's getting to come home today!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »
 :wow:  That's super news!!  I hope you don't have to go through it again - at least not for a very long time (as you say, how can we ever avoid it when we have so much love invested?)  Bet Harry will be so pleased to see you all again.   :hug: :hug:  Hope the morning flies over for you now.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2011, 10:27:01 AM »
great news!

• Adult Cat
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2011, 10:22:58 AM »
Yipppeeeee my little monster in coming home today.  Someone from Inverness has to come over to Fort William this morning so they are bringing Harry with them and I've got half day today so hopefully I can pick him up on my way home at lunchtime.  Apparently he has to have tablets everyday not sure what for yet but that shouldn't be a problem he usually thinks he's getting special treats and takes any tablet I give him.

Thanks again everyone for your support through this.  I hope I don't have to go through it again but I'm sure I probably will with 2 cats and a dog I won't get away with it I don't think.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2011, 08:20:26 AM »
Another one popping in to offer support and keeping fingers crossed Harry will be well enough to come home today  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2011, 06:48:40 AM »
Just popping in to say got my fingers crossed too that you and little Harry Monster will be reuunited today and that all will be well.   :hug: :hug:  :crossed:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2011, 21:52:32 PM »
for you Sweetie I do hope it's good news for you tomorrow and that he is well enough to go home  :)

Denise
Xxxxx

I second that with all my heart  :hug: :hug:

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2011, 21:47:07 PM »
for you Sweetie I do hope it's good news for you tomorrow and that he is well enough to go home  :)

Denise
Xxxxx
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 

Den22

• Adult Cat
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2011, 21:28:13 PM »
Hi everyone sorry I've been trying to keep busy over the weekend so helping other half fit new radiators at my sisters house.  Redecorated the living room last weekend so that I had something to keep me busy.

I haven't heard from the vets today which is very disappointing but as Andy says if there was bad news they'd have got hold of us so I suppose no news is good news.

I'm hoping he's done ok today so that we can go get him tomorrow and I've even put the dog crate in the boot of the car so Harry can travel home in that rather than in his little cat box as I thought 2 to 3 hours stuck in his little box wouldn't be very nice.  Just got to put a litter tray in for him if we get the go ahead and I'm already to go and get my little Harry monster back.

I've missed him so much and really hope its good news tomorrow otherwise I think I'm going to be very disappointed. Thank you all very much for your thoughts and vibes and I'll let you know tomorrow as soon as I get news.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2011, 11:55:18 AM »
Adding my hopes he can come home tomorrow night too.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2011, 08:10:05 AM »
Poor Harry obviously misses you as much as you miss him, fingers crossed he is back home with you Monday evening  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2011, 23:02:56 PM »
Its sounds like he really misses you and hope everything goes well over the weekend  :hug: :hug:

Its so hard when they are so far away and I understand the worry too  :hug: :hug:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2011, 22:57:02 PM »
Sorry for not giving an update earlier but didn't hear from the vets til late.  Harry is doing ok he's blood wasn't as good as they'd hoped today and he hasn't eaten as much as yesterday but they think that is possibly normal as he was probably really hungry yesterday as it was the first day he ate properly.  They have stopped his fluid therapy but are adding an oral supplement to his food I'm not sure what but I think its probably something to do with his potassium levels.

As they've only stopped his fluid therapy today they want to keep him in over the weekend to make sure he's ok and then run more bloods on Monday so they hope if these are ok we can bring him home Monday evening.

They say now he's feeling better he's abit of a nightmare as everytime they open his cage he's trying to escape and get fusses and cuddles off of everyone.

Someone will phone with an update over the weekend but fingers crossed he's ok without the fluid therapy and we can get the little man home on Monday we've really missed him and can't wait to get him home for lots of cuddles.

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 16:22:52 PM »
Hope Harry can come home son.  More vibes for you both.  :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 21:11:26 PM »
Pleased Harry is still improving and sendiing lots of gert well vibes  :hug: :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 21:05:06 PM »
c'mon Harry get better!!!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 20:10:26 PM »
Glad there is more encouraging news for Harry  :)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 20:01:40 PM »
Have spoken to the vets tonight Harry is eating well and his blood glucose is doing well.  His potassium was abit low again today so they put a supplement on his food.  He is moving about lots now and apparently is very grumpy because he doesn't like being shut in the cage.

They are keeping him tonight and tomorrow and are going to retest his potassium tomorrow and test his kidney function.

I'm hoping all the results tomorrow are good and that perhaps our little Harry monster can come home very soon.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 19:49:06 PM »
Just wanted to add my thoughts for Harrys' recovery, and hoping he can come home to you soon and be restored to his normal good health.   :hug: :hug:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 13:45:24 PM »
Hadn't heard from the vets this morning so gave them a ring.  Apparently they are in surgery but Harry is brighter and they are doing another blood glucose curve and someone will phone me later.

I'm not very good at this being patient lark but suppose I'll just have to be.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19:27 AM »
So Pleased Harry is doing better hope he has turned the corner and continues to improve every day
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 08:05:48 AM »
Thanks guys you've been great

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 07:18:46 AM »
I am so pleased Harry is doing better  :)  Hope he continues to improve and is soon back to within cuddling distance  ;D  Sending a few more positive thoughts and  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 22:41:25 PM »
Ahhh thats good news so pleased to hear that he's on the mend animals are a lot tougher then we think it's us that find it hard to cope in these stressful situations but that's all part of being a parent to our fur babies  :)

hopefully you can rest a little easier tonight and get a goodnights sleep coz if he is coming home tomorrow/soon I'm sure that he will want his Mummy to be at her best so that he can get all of your undivided attention and lots of kisses n cuddles ;D

More hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Denise
Xxx

Den22

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 22:15:59 PM »
So pleased he is moving in the right direction and getting good care  :hug: :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 21:40:56 PM »
glad he is a bit brighter  :hug: x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 21:38:09 PM »
hi all sorry I did get a call from the vets when I got in from work.  He still appears to be eating for himself rather than being syringe fed.  He's brighter and his potassium level is coming up and his temperature is going down.  His blood glucose is stable in the teens so although higher than it should be it is stable now.  He still isn't out of the woods but he seems to be getting a bit better all the time.  The blood test the first vet did have come back and he did have or still have pancreatitis so they are treating that as well now. They didn't have the results of his kidney function test so hopefully get that one tomorrow.

They are obviously keeping him tonight and they will see how he is tomorrow and give me a ring tomorrow morning so all in all a positive day so my hopes are rising that we have turned a corner but I know it could all change.  Its a shame he is now so far away that its really difficult to go and see him but hopefully if he continues to improve it won't be long before he can come home or perhaps they'll transfer him back to the vets here.

I did mean to post here earlier but after the call I actually felt really hungry so thought I'd better have dinner and then I sat down and actually fell asleep for a couple of hours so thats made me feel a whole lot better.

Thank you all for your thoughts and hugs.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 19:03:05 PM »
I hope you have had a call and he is doing well and maybe you are visiting him  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 16:42:00 PM »
Nothing to add except a few more  :hug: :hug: :hug: and to let you know I'm thinking of you

• Adult Cat
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 15:11:49 PM »
Sending positive thoughts from all of us here at the Clan for Harry and  :hug: for his Mum

Thank you

I've started clock watching hoping the vet will phone soon with an update and the results of his blood test, kidney function test and blood glucose curve.  This waiting is awful.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 14:47:32 PM »
Sending positive thoughts from all of us here at the Clan for Harry and  :hug: for his Mum

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 13:45:42 PM »
Pleased to hear Harry was a bit better this morning, I hope he will continue to improve through the day and the blood test will throw some light on the problem.

It's heartbreaking when our furries are so poorly and away from us so sending you some more  :hug: :hug: :hug:  and of course more positive thoughts for Harry.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and hugs

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 13:15:10 PM »
Pleased to hear Harry was a bit better this morning, I hope he will continue to improve through the day and the blood test will throw some light on the problem.

It's heartbreaking when our furries are so poorly and away from us so sending you some more  :hug: :hug: :hug:  and of course more positive thoughts for Harry.

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »
Glad to hear that Harry has perked up a bit, fingers crossed that he is over the worst of whatever it is that is making him feel like this and that now he is on the road to recovery  :)

I know how hard it is but stay positive hopefully he will be feeling much better tomorrow and allowed to come home  ;D

Sending more get well soon vibes to Harry and big kisses :blow kiss:  :care:   :care:

and Sending you lots of suportive hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Xxx

Thank you very much I am feeling much more positive now although I felt like this on Sunday and then came down to earth with a bump so don't want to get my hopes up too much.  At least I've managed to eat today as I couldn't face anything the last couple of days just felt sick and not helped by the fact I am just so tired.  I'll just keep everything crossed for now and hope that when she phones later its good news again.  I suppose I'm lucky apart from when he was diagnosed diabetic this is the first time any of my pets have been sick so I perhaps didn't really know what I'd be feeling or just how hard it would hit me.

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 12:41:51 PM »
Glad to hear that Harry has perked up a bit, fingers crossed that he is over the worst of whatever it is that is making him feel like this and that now he is on the road to recovery  :)

I know how hard it is but stay positive hopefully he will be feeling much better tomorrow and allowed to come home  ;D

Sending more get well soon vibes to Harry and big kisses :blow kiss:  :care:   :care:

and Sending you lots of suportive hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Xxx

Den22

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 11:01:40 AM »
Well I've spoken to the vet this morning and Harry has perked up a bit and I think he might be eating a little for himself now.  I also think she said he was sat up today rather than slumped over.  Anyway she is pleased to see him a bit brighter although we aren't out the woods yet.

They have taken more bloods and they are waiting on the results. They are going to run a kidney function test today and also a blood glucose curve today.  They want to keep him today and tonight as well I think.

Sorry I really don't seem to take in what they say sometimes but she is going to phone me again later today to let me know how he's doing and the results of some of the tests I think.

Here's hoping he's turned a corner and he will continue to improve but I've been hoping that for days so best not get my hopes up I suppose.

Link to CatChat