Author Topic: I really don't know what to do about Billy Whiz  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: I really don't know what to do about Billy Whiz
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »
We will be thinking of Billy and his Mum on Thursday

Not sure what you mean about Billy and folks looking at bits like teeth with out an Anasthetic - thats how the vet looks at most of mine if we think there is a problem :rofl:  Perfectly normal here so Billy is in very good company ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 23:12:31 PM »
Fingers crossed for Thursday  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 23:08:21 PM »
Ahhhh thats good then  ;D ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 23:04:40 PM »
If he finds a tooth problem will it be sorted while he is under?

Blimey Gill, I hope so!  He's a good vet.  He's da boss of da practice now.  I trust him.  He doesn't rip me off with high charges..............  I shouldn't have said that should I  :shify:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 22:33:37 PM »
Good luck for thursday.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 22:04:32 PM »
If he finds a tooth problem will it be sorted while he is under?

Sending lots of big vibes for Billy  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 21:56:28 PM »
Cheers for responses everyone  :hug:.

We are talking bowt Billy Whiz Gillian  :innocent:  Ya don't get to check his teeth, let alone take blood, without sedation I'm afraid  :shify:

Vet will sedate me lad and perform thorough check up (esp mouth/teeth).  If nothing found, will do blood tests.  If still nothing found, he will then do x ray.  The point is to try and get to the bottom of his problem in one visit without having to sedate another time. 

I'm not expecting to see vet Gill as spoke with him early July when he examined him and suggested these tests as he could not see anything obviously wrong but weight loss a concern.  Just trying to cover all bases and avoid another consultation fee with the letter.  I imagine he will ring me to discuss results of any tests carried out but have a feeling he will discover a tooth problem when he is able to get a proper look.

I'm afraid Fred has been my main concern for some time and I hope Billy has not been in discomfort as a result ....

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 20:00:14 PM »
hope Billy is ok  :hug: x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 17:54:23 PM »
Rosella, does he really have to have bloods AND x-rays at the same time? Wonder if it might be better to get just the bloods first - see what those come up with, if anything and go from there. X-rays may not be needed if bloods throw up something obvious to be treated. Avoids all day at vets and sedation for now.  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 17:43:54 PM »
Dont forget to put about his Frontline in the letter Rosella.

Why wont you get to see the vet.............I would before and after!

Gill thats why you are paying up the vets as at the time cost wasn't the issue, and if we took everything in to consideration most of us wouldn't have them

We go without an awful lot of things to have our family and do it because we love them all

I see what you mean Liz, I read it different...........yes at the time I just wanted him to get better and at £800 they had aleady offered me a payment plan of my choosing. Trouble is I am very stretched now and Loopys costs building up.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 17:17:05 PM »
Billy is booked in for Thursday. 

I have typed a long letter for vet and will attach it to Billy's basket as unlikely to see vet and don't want to rely on vet's previous notes or VN passing messages on ...

Just hoping it provides answers ..... Also hoping they will apply his frontline while he is in  :innocent:

He just came in obviously wanting to eat but turned his nose up at AD and Gourmet Gold.  He managed 3 dreamies though  :-: ............ just ate a few bits of Orijen dry too.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 16:10:41 PM »
Gill thats why you are paying up the vets as at the time cost wasn't the issue, and if we took everything in to consideration most of us wouldn't have them

We go without an awful lot of things to have our family and do it because we love them all

Rosella I would think about the vets visit then you will know what you are dealing with  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 13:58:00 PM »
I would definately speak to the vet but suspect that he needs to go.

Sadly for most of us cost does enter the equation, especially as I have nearly 2 years still to pay for Napoleon and Ducha is not insured, and although Lupin is insured his tummy may yet be an exclusion for life.

I would love to get Sasa to the vets but until she decides she likes me a bit again, there is no chance

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »
Have you all the usual blood things tested and I would get his mouth looked at he may have a tooth that is ok so long as he eats right but it may be causing a problem you can't see, the do so like to worry us  :hug:

Have to say cost doesn't enter the equation either so long as we can fix them or know what we are dealing with ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »
Have you got anything to treat furballs? A little wouldn't hurt him to rule it out, would it?

I have the same dilemma whenever I'm worried about Sage - weigh up the stress it will cause her against the level of my concern. I'm currently psyching up to a check just to make sure she's OK.

:hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
I really don't know what to do about Billy Whiz
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:39:01 AM »
He is worrying me. 

I had him booked in for sedation, thorough check up inc bloods and poss x ray a few weeks ago after vet gave him a quick look over but could see nothing wrong.  He was not eating much and has lost about 1/2kg (4.2kg to 3.7kg); could've lost weight over 2 years or 6 mths; no way of telling.  He's a nice weight now tbh for his size. 

I cancelled app't as he seemed to perk up.  He went downhill again recently.  Was playing like a kitten on Saturday morning and then back down hill.  Ate very little last night and wouldn't eat at 6am this morning.... but wolfed down exactly the same food offered previously at about 8am. 

I am feeding him AD atm to ensure he gets something nourishing when he will eat.  He seemed to really want to eat the chicken yesterday but kept chewing same little bit for ages and then left most of it.  Doesn't seem to have any great difficulty munching Dreamies though which suggests it's not his teeth.  On occasion he won't have a dreamie either  :shocked: ... and believe me he loves them.  Think it's him that is being sick (water not food) in the kitchen too but can't be sure.  He is not insured altho, if I thought he were really ill, I wouldn't even mention that.  I'm concerned that I am being too sensitive given what happened with Fred and a day at the vets will just completely freak our boy out. 

Ho hum.  I do what I always do and dither a while longer.  Meanwhile any thoughts please? 

Furball maybe?  It's been going on for some weeks...............

Link to CatChat