Author Topic: Flea solution / repellant  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Flea solution / repellant
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
I use Fiprospot from MedicAnimal http://www.medicanimal.com/product/~fiprospot-spot-on-cat/~product_id=101175/~category_id=MA-CATS-FLEA_TICK/~root_category_id=MA-CATS

It's only £9.98 for 3 x pipettes and can be used on kittens from 8 weeks of age.   
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
We use Programme injections on the cats from age 12 weeks it is injected by the vet and covers fleas it makes them sterile so no breeding works very well on all the Clan cats and the Clan dogs are on Programme + tablets
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 08:59:58 AM »
in general the supermarket stuff doesnt work, bob martins has the added extra of fits and possible death so deff a good decision to avoid that!

As theyre so young, id go to the vets as theyll need the kitten wormers in anycase and its not worth risking overdoses. im not sure whats used on kittens but Frontline is i think from 4months up ( 16 weeks)

If you cant treat the kittens, i would treat the house but use a proper product (the ones you can buy in supermarkets really dont work) from the vets or from somewhere like Vetuk.co.uk - R.I.P fleas is good, or idorex. theres some other i cant remember, theyre about 15 pound from the vets

Offline lisat76

• Adult Cat
    • my facebook profile
  • Slave to: Gypsy star, theodore, archie and elvis
Flea solution / repellant
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:13:25 AM »
Hi my 3 kittens are 8 week old,, now bob martins flea solution is a no-no what is the best way to repel fleas?
luv from gyspsy star and proud mum

Link to CatChat