Author Topic: How can i encourage my cat to make friends?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: How can i encourage my cat to make friends?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 18:24:54 PM »
Thnings may settle down after she's sorted them all out and a 'pecking' order has been established (with her at the top by the sound of it lol!)  :) . Its early days out in the garden - her world has suddenly expanded and she wants to make sure she's in charge of it, so she's asserting herself. As Gill said, you can't force cats to be friendly to others, but hopefully she may come to tolerate them.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: How can i encourage my cat to make friends?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 23:09:32 PM »
Cats by nature are solitary creatures what ever reason many have learnt that having a friend who they live with, or in the case of a feral, a colony that supports the whole is a good idea.

Your cat sounds like it wants to be the only cat and is very territorial and will see off any tresperers.....this is not a bad thing and you cant encourage them to change.

Cats will be cats and you are just the slave  ;D ;D

Offline Chard

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Missy
How can i encourage my cat to make friends?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 22:57:58 PM »
We have recently re-homed a rescue cat and after 3 weeks of meowing we let her out into the big wide world. her being a cute little affectionate fuzzball we were worried about the other cats in the area being mean to her but turns out we were wrong....

shes a BRUISER! any other cat she sees she goes for screaming and yelling. usually she scared them off but i noticed today she has a few minor scrapes.

does anyone know of any way i can encourage her to be less of a b*&@h ?

i found her today keeping a neighbours cat captive in our wooden composter!

Link to CatChat