Author Topic: Weight Gain Products for Cats  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Weight Gain Products for Cats
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 10:10:50 AM »
 :Luv: bless you for caring so much, I'm sure that with lots of good food they'll soon build up  :hug:

They are going to be 2 very happy, spoiled (if feral) puds - just like our ferals are, you'll be their slave in no time  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline kathleen21

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Calvin and Hobbes
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 22:12:21 PM »
Thanks for that ... They both like cat milk ... One in particular loves it so wil keep it available ... Am worried about them feeling cold in winter so would like to see them fattened up a bit.. If anyone else has any tips ... Then would be gratefully received.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 06:42:27 AM »
Cat milk helped my cat Byron put on weight, so if they will take that I'm sure it will help lots.  Be careful not to give cows milk though as many cats are intolerant and it will upset their tums.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 00:36:19 AM »
Cat milk (as an extra) could be an option. Also there is a food you can get from the vets or online called Hills AD, it's for convalescing cats so ideal for building up their reserves.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 21:42:41 PM »
Wet kitten food works on some of our skinny ferals but they will only eat hi life and As good as it looks and are partial to RC biscuits like yours they do develop expensive tastes and I also use cat milk - my ferals all love it and as we know so readily available in the world of ferals :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline kathleen21

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Calvin and Hobbes
Weight Gain Products for Cats
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 21:18:49 PM »
Hi

Does anyone know of any build up or weight gain products for cats?? I have been adopted by 2 semi feral cats who have lived in a purpose built house in my garden quite happily for last few months when they first appeared in my garden looking skinny n pathetic. They have recently disappeared for a few days (who knows where) and have lost the weight that they had put on with regular feeding. I think thru a combo of being v fussy (they've forgot they were living on god knows what not so long ago!!) and being v active they are looking quite skinny.. Any ideas on what I can give them to fatten them up a bit??

Link to CatChat