Author Topic: Vibes needed please for my baby Dog!  (Read 3923 times)

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
Re: Vibes needed please for my baby Dog!
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »
good news!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 22:44:35 PM »
So pleased that Dog is doing so well and loads more good vibes for Ginger  ;D ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 21:06:16 PM »
What a wonderful update - thank you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Here's wishing for Dog's speedy recovery and a long, loving life for Ginger.  :Luv:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 20:47:42 PM »
He is at home with me!
He is doing very well, he has had a little to eat and been in his litter tray!
Seems well in himself, very confident which I was not expecting and just like his usual self really, if a bit more attention seeking than usual which is....unexpected.
he has medicine to take but all in all I am really pleased, especially considering how bad he was earlier this week.
he said hello to my lot through his cage door when he first came in and seemed very interested (he loves other cats and invites them into his home) Benji was not impressed but he never is and is probably thinking not again!

Oh and Ginger's tests went well....as well as possible anyway and confirmed that she is in early stages of CRF and now is on renal food.
Thanks for the marvelous purrs vibes, they have obviously worked a treat! Even the vets said they were surprised at how well he is doing and that he survived.
 :hug: :hug: :hug: thanks all
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 19:44:03 PM »
Hope things continue to be positive  :hug: :hug:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 13:00:26 PM »
Sending lots of vibes for Dog  :hug: :hug:  And good luck at the vets with Ginger for her tests  :hug:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for poor Dog.  :crossed:

You've had a hell of  a time of it just recently, too. Have a hug  :hug:

Thank you, have to say has been a nightmare week.
Had a night of worrying about his temperature still being so high and him still not eating, and when should I start to worry about his liver :Crazy:
to hear this morning that his temperature is going down, he ate food last night after everybody and left and I felt like going Doh! of course he would, anytime someone new comes to the house he scarpers and won't come back until he is sure they are gone, let alone eat in front of people!!! so the vet is pleased. He said he could let Dog home today but wants to keep him in until tomorrow just to be on the safe side.
They are taking out his catheter and drip today and will monitor his toileting.

Ginger is at the vets today for her tests....all I seem to do is go to the vets!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 16:10:53 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for poor Dog.  :crossed:

You've had a hell of  a time of it just recently, too. Have a hug  :hug:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 15:25:37 PM »
I don't know why but I hadn't thought of that! Ginger will be having her day at the vets tomorrow so will ask for some then and get it from my vets, it worked on Benji when he was a bit stressed a little while ago when he had his teeth done, so will get some of that down him too with having an intruder in the house (although I am not planning on them meeting as it is only temporary).
I am asking for a print out of everything they have done to Dog too, just in case he needs any veterinary care while he is at his 'holiday home' so my vets know what has been done.
thank you for the well wishes, I am so lucky he is pulling through (though still have fingers crossed and can't quite believe it) his vets have been very good with him (and us) and it is really thanks to them he has got this far! (Badgers Oak vets in Northiam, East Sussex)
My mum is going to have to be vigilante about keeping an eye on his health to make sure this does not return.
 :hug: :)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 14:00:44 PM »
Best place to recuperate ask the vet for some Zylkene this helps calm down ferals and makes them easier to accept no playing out I use it on mine when they need it just spkit the capsule and mix on wet food its a natual product and has no adverse effects used on our feral Inca when he was hit by a car and nasty Mummy was injecting him with Heparin twice a day for a month

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 13:57:34 PM »
Sending lots of good wishes to him   :hug: :hug:

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 11:57:25 AM »
Hope he continues to improve and is home soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 11:19:23 AM »
Hope he enjoys his recuperation at yours  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 10:02:10 AM »
so glad he is ok, our bridge boy bluto lived on the urinary diet for a few years

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 09:41:29 AM »
they were struvite crystals, so he will be on a urinary diet now to make sure they do not come back.
The vets have said he is doing fine, has had a restful night, he has a slight temperature but that is to be expected from the infection in his willy. They have increased his antibiotics and he is progressing well.
My mum is going to visit him tonight and fingers crossed he will be allowed out on Friday. They only problem is where he can quietly recuperate without wrestling matches from Kwamie or Mazza and not have access to the outside world (the one time my mum locked the cat flap they bashed through it and tore the door off its hinges). So, after thinking about it, it looks like he will be coming to stay with me if he is allowed out. I can shut him in the spare bedroom with a litter tray to keep an eye on his weeing and being in a different environment might make it easier on him that he cannot have access to the outside world. Benji will grump about it, but will start spraying the feliway (can't use the plug-in, it flares up my fiances cat allergies really badly for some reason?)
fingers crossed still needed for my boy, but it is looking a lot better than it was.
I can't believe he is nearly 10 though, he is still a kitten, it was only yesterday I remember getting him and Kwamie?!? :Crazy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 00:34:41 AM »
Poor baby :care: Really hope he can pull through, what a nightmare for you all  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 23:21:14 PM »
Sending loads of good wishes and have been there with Napoleon but you have better news in that the crystals and stuff have drained successfully.

Did they say what type of crystals?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 22:52:55 PM »
Sorry to hear you have had more bad news, sending positive thoughts for the gorgeous Dog  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 22:02:37 PM »
Sending lots of good vibes your way, hope he is feeling better soon  :hug: :hug: :hug:
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 21:49:59 PM »
I know that feeling we lost aour alpha male Tiger 2 years ago now and his devoted Stalkers Lima and Clio also ferals spent months sitting waiting for him to come home, even now they still look.

Thats why ferals are so special to us and we share our home with an awful lot of them and the first purr or the first time they stay and don't run outweighs anything else

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 21:43:58 PM »
thank you, and you are very right about just how rewarding ferals can be, and my worry is if, no when! he gets better he will no longer trust us, but we will cross that bridge in the future.
I had sunshiney 'cuddles' with Kwamie today (she sat next to me in the garden and allowed me to brush her a little bit, it was so lovely, there was even a small purr although she is very withdrawn without Dog).
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 21:32:37 PM »
We will keep all paws crossed here at the Clan and our ferals are sending get well hisses and purrs for this gorgeous boy

Also sending hugs for both his Mummy's who have had a couple of very traumatic days :hug: :hug: :hug:

There is something so special about gaining a ferals trust

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 21:03:21 PM »
p.s.

this is dog, bad pictures I know but he is still a little wary of people at times, affection is on his terms and he does not pose, lol.

Sister Kwamie

'step' brother Mazza

These three are inseperable, sleep together, cuddle, wrestle and everything, Dog and Kwamie are so good with Mazza who is brain damaged (it is thought he was kicked in the head repeatedly which also broke his jaw and made him lose most of his teeth) and seems to have no idea of boundaries and will literally just sleep on top of random cats whenever he can.

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
Vibes needed please for my baby Dog!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 20:56:41 PM »
had a couple of days of well, a kind of hell.
after finding out Ginger and Fred both have CRF my other cat family (that lives with my mum, but are still my babies) well, Dog has had a serious health problem.
He had cystitis and my mum booked him in for the vet for the next appointment (which was yesterday) but by the time he was taken in he was blocked and admitted.
It turns out this had been rumbling on for a while and his bladder was completely full and close to bursting. They tried to catheterise but he had shredded the end of his willy and they were worried about his kidneys.
They spent the night draining his bladder through his tummy with needles and he was given the last chance today for the drugs to work and catheterise him this afternoon. The option of feminising was raised but considered too risky due to the state of his willy and the infection in his system.
I got the train to my mums at 7 this morning having had 3 hours of sleep, convinced from what I had heard from my mum that we would be saying goodbye to my beloved Dog, an ex semi-feral who fears anyone else but us and who still, at 10 years old acts like a silly kitten and is a big grey bear of a cat with cotton wool crinkly fur and who loves wrestling with his sister Kwamie and his friend Mazza who he dragged into our house as a very poorly stray years ago. I have never seen such big feet on any other cat!
anyway, the vets said they would really try to get a catheter in but if not he would be pts while still under as it would be best for him. Despite everything, the catheter has worked!!! He is still very poorly but his bladder is now draining and clear of the stones, crystals and sediment that had blocked him up. He was completely out of it when I saw him but there is hope now at least. He is going to be in for 48 hours and then will need urinary food, just need all the good vibes possibly for my gorgeous boy, hoping he can get physically better and it doesnt affect his trust with us and his mental state.
sorry for the rambling, it has been a very long and draining couple of days worrying and crying.

Link to CatChat