Author Topic: Inappropriate toileting after spaying  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Inappropriate toileting after spaying
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »
Perhaps a Feliway plug in and a mix of old and new litter in the tray so it smells like her I know we have had issues when introducing a new litter tray but we mix some of the old/new litter and have found this helps

Also a quick visit to the vet may be order just to rule out everything else
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
I am. And after I helped she went a week without toileting where she shouldn't; the longest she's managed since the spay.

But a new litter tray was introduced and the same night she toileted where she shouldn't. Personally if I were them I'd have just offered me a fiver for the tray I lent them that she felt comfortable using if it meant not scrubbing the carpets repeatedly. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 20:04:18 PM »
Has she been seen by the vet since the spay and if so what did he say?

Ummmmm thought you were the animal behaviourist! LOL

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Inappropriate toileting after spaying
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »
OK....my neighbour has a lovely little girl called Fifi she took on from the RSPCA after hearing about her being dumped in a box at a local supermarket. The RSPCA let her take Fifi early and rear her as she still needed a little help in that area. (Wrong to me, surely their job to ensure the cat's capable of eating etc...?)

That aside, Fifi is a sweetheart. BUT since her spay she won't stop toileting on the floor. Number twos not number ones..... :sick: We managed a week last week when I scrubbed the floor with biological powder and then lent a covered litter tray so she had two trays. This worked until last night, when in the wee hours noise was heard and her mum got up to a poo on the floor.....This has happened since the arrival of a brand new litter covered litter tray so that her mum can give me mine back.

I think she prefers the tray I lent her... :-: That aside, what could be causing the behaviour? I know a lot of you have had issues is this area with your cats so any info is much appreciated.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat