Author Topic: Windy Fella!  (Read 1399 times)

Offline FellasMommy

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Fella
Re: Windy Fella!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 11:42:49 AM »
Thanks for the great advice, he had jelly whiskas yesterday, and no trumps! We had a very pleasent smelling evening for a change  :rofl: I will see how he goes on the whiskas jelly and if he is ok I will keep him on it, I would like to change to felix, but if he is ok on the whiskas I dont want to upset his tummy, especially as he is so young.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 21:45:58 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think windy kittens is quite normal ..... my little lad was (and sometimes still is) and very windy baby .... hence the name Zephyr (a warm wind).

I asked my vet about it and he said it was a sign that he was relaxed. I agree about changing his food .... I have always found whiskas makes my lot produce some real stinks.  Felix is definitely better  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 18:58:56 PM »
nothing to do with the topic but everytime I see you post I think of it - I was at a friends party once and was chatting to a few people, one had recently had a little boy Edward (who they called fella) as the conversation wore on and fella got a few mentions another lady in the group said fella, what a lovely name is it middle eastern  :rofl: well it made me laugh anyway

Offline FellasMommy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 16:39:39 PM »
Hmm, come to think of it, he wasn't trumping when he was on the jelly food. I have a full box of whiskas jelly, so will put him on that and donate my gravy food to my local RSPCA, if he still has troubles I will swap over to Felix Kitten.

Lets hope this is the end of Fellas trumps  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 15:26:43 PM »
I think jelly foods are easier on the tummy than gravy foods. Was he having issues when he was on the jelly?

I've heard Felix is easier on the tummy too, I swapped my boys over from Whiskas kitten to Felix kitten when I first got them but did it very gradually so as not to cause any tummy troubles!

Offline FellasMommy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 14:37:05 PM »
I was thinking that, I will introduce slowly, would mixing some felix in with the whiskas for a few weeks make it easier? Only thing is, I have 36 pouches of whiskas and 2kg of dry lol He mainly does it when he is asleep, it is quite funny when he wakes himself up  :rofl: He did it once whilst he was awake and ran into the other room afterwards...leaving us with the lovely smell  :sick: I don't really know much about the differences between cat foods, but I was under the impression that Whiskas is very trusted.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 14:26:59 PM »
 :rofl:

I don't think this is an unusual problem although I seem to have escaped the curse of the windy cat!  I do recall when Mosi was a kitten and was being fed whiskas kitten food he farted for England.  But stopped when I changed his food.  I do think it's food related so he may be better with a different food although if you do change his food do it very gradually to avoid upsetting his tum.  Maybe try swapping the whiskas kitten for felix kitten?

Offline FellasMommy

• Adult Cat
Windy Fella!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 13:58:15 PM »
Hi all,
Another basic question but a slightly embarrassing one for Fella. When he is asleep he seems to have a habit of trumping, they are quite loud and very smelly  :sick: His poops are normal, they aren't watery or really hard and they don't smell too bad (although my other half wouldn't agree as he is on litter tray duty)  :evillaugh: I was just wondering if its normal.

He is fed on Whiskas kitten pouches and Whiskas dry kitten food, and he only has water (I might introduce whiskas cat milk now he is old enough) He has enough wet food to fill a walnut 3 times a day and 30g of dry. The only change I have made is from jelly to gravy.

Link to CatChat