Author Topic: Ginger & white tomcat (Benson) Wow does he have some energy  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Ginger & white tomcat (Benson) Wow does he have some energy
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 15:31:54 PM »
I have an 11 month old kitten who is enormously long which means he can reach all kinds of things that he shouldnt......sigh

He is so active its just crazy and probably the best toy for each would be a friend the same age! I cant do that cos have another 3 but he loves to pounce on my  nearly 18 yr old birman who does not appreciate it at all.

Apart from da bird you seem to have all the essentials. last night I tried a new toy which he loves and think it came from Purrs shop although I never saw it, its a bird with a feather attachment under neath and fite on the dorr frame with door open.

Goodness knows how it stayed there last night with the treatment itt got but Lupin went crazy for it. The string is elastic and he kept trying to take the toy way into the room and sit and play with it but of course as soon as he let go it went back to centre of door.

One thing to watch with da bird or this toy , is for them to play until they are flat out panting, I didnt realize till I took it down cos it was just nonstop activety and he has been looking for it ever since ...............its in hiding lol.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 01:04:58 AM »
Too cute!  :Luv2:

Mine love drinking straws (McDonalds are favourite) but make sure you keep an eye on them as they get chewed up pretty quick.

I'd also second Sam's suggestion for a 'Da Bird' and also a Da Mouse attachment while you're at it! I posted a couple of youtube vids from today which will give you an idea what they're like - they're not like normal feather or mice toys - trust me!

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38233.msg675446.html#msg675446

Offline J..M

• Kitten
  • Kittified
  • Slave to: Benson, Sandringham, Jess
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 00:22:58 AM »
Might have his claws clipped at the elbows  :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 22:11:30 PM »
OMG he is  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

The toys my lot love are ping pong balls (great fun in an empty bath with the plug in  ;))

If he likes catnip ... I would recommend a yeoweee catnip cigar (available from the purrs shop) ... super strength catnip and a major hit in our house.

and of course the ULTIMATE toy would be a Da Bird (again available from the purrs shop .... guaranteed the cheapest place on the internet).

As you say he has claws like an eagle it might be worth getting him used to having his clipped now while he is still young ... it'll also reduce the risk of him catching them in the carpet / furniture while he is leaping about like a loon.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline J..M

• Kitten
  • Kittified
  • Slave to: Benson, Sandringham, Jess
Ginger & white tomcat (Benson) Wow does he have some energy
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 21:35:05 PM »
I have a relatively new & 13/14 week old Ginger & white Tom, who is just soooooooooooo active...... He has a mouse hanging from the lights to play with, favourite game is launch off the sofa & occasionally swing  :shocked: He has numerous mice toys some with rattle, some with catnip, the odd sissy one with a bell, he has a tunnel, has been known to set that rolling with him in it & just steamroller the other cats  :evillaugh:
& he has a twine covered scratching post, not a huge one, however he uses that as a launching pad too..... He's a real boy as well, he'll bite anyone & anything & has claws like a eagle  :naughty:

He's particularly BIG for his age too, I must admit its been years since we've had a young tomcat & somehow I never really remember any of our others being so hyper  :wow:

I've ordered him a floor to ceiling contraption for him to bash about & I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of "Stuff" he could play with,  the place is strewn with rolled up bits of newspaper, empty pop bottles, soft toys etc etc .........

He's a bit too silly to go out on his own yet, I wasn't planning on any of that till he's had his bits snipped @ 6 months & a chip bolted on  :-: (He's had all his shots now) Umm he's also teething, so chewable stuff is really in demand right now........ He's ripped a couple of house plants to bits & even worrys our award winning cactus with 1 1/2" spikes on it ........

Maybe he needs to go to a finishing school ?  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZgOjE7XGHA
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 21:36:43 PM by J..M »

Link to CatChat