Author Topic: Blood in Urine - urgent SORTED  (Read 6001 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Blood in Urine - urgent
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 21:54:58 PM »
Oh dear, poor boy  :hug:

I would give your vet a ring as I know with males blockages can be very serious so if you describe what is happening they will be able to advise you whether to give him the Metacam and wait til morning or whether he'll need to be seen tonight.

Please let us know how he gets on  :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Blood in Urine - urgent SORTED
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 21:49:22 PM »
Tufty came back tonight after 24 hours absence (he has several feeders who are reluctant to let go), so I don't know where he was during the heatwave yesterday.

He is agitated and squatting, leaving small amounts (a few drops) of pinky urine, then moving to another spot and doing the same. He did this five times in all (the first was in his litter tray) but has now settled down.

I can get him to the vet first thing tomorrow (it's 9.30pm now) but he's still quite upset, can I give him anything tonight to relieve his distress?

Tufty is estimated to be 2-3 years old, has been a stray for at least 6 months, was picked up by us 3 months ago and has been neutered for 9 weeks, vaccinated (last one was Thursday last week).

I will say that his discomfort explains one thing, since we've had him he has expressed similar agitation/aggression whenever his bladder/bowel was full but he has never has difficulty expressing urine or poo and is quite happy to use the litter tray usually. We just assumed he wanted to go outside but it may be he has had discomfort all along.

Can I give him some metacam for the pain tonight or will this do more harm than good? I also have some arnica and rescue remedy in the house and a couple of unused antibiotics from similar sized cats. Anything here I can use?

Sheila
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 18:54:01 PM by sheilarose »

Link to CatChat