Author Topic: Number 41  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Number 41
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 08:01:49 AM »
Glad it seems better, I'd just keep an eye on it  :innocent: and make some enquiries if need be.

Green usually indicates infection unless it's  something else like some meds on there.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 20:19:12 PM »
Sounds like a result  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 19:41:04 PM »
No.41 is a girl! (I got a lovely cuddle with her  :cat rub:), and her eye does look better today, it has been cleaned up although it isn't fully open.

She popped in for a mouthful of Whiskas then trotted off down the road in the opposite direction from no 41.

The green goo has gone though so I'm holding off paying a visit as she really does seem quite well.

It's a good shout that it may indeed have been the vet's litmus dye that I saw, especially as she seems so much better just one day later.

If the eye deteriorates again I've decided to pick her up when she visits here and carry her home (?), as she's shown me she's happy to be held and I think this would be less "interfering".

Thanks guys, good advice as ever.

(word to self - sometimes good to wait and the answer may present itself  :oh well:)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 17:03:46 PM »
it might be the dye they use to check for scratches? Neko blew a florescent green snot bubble at the vets the other day after he had it  :evillaugh:

youll feel better if you ask no 41  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »
speak to them I'm sure they won't mind - our first cat was a feral we had picked up as a 3 week old kitten who had flu - he always had discharge from his eyes in cold weather after that - someone approached me about it and asked if he had seen a vet, I was a tiny bit offended (in reality he cost us thousands at the vet for one reason or another!) but soon realised it wasn't meant to be offensive

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 00:02:15 AM »
Even if it is not their cat they may know whose cat he is, or they may say he is a stray in which case you might call the cavalry in?  ;) Animals can go lose their sight from an untreated infection.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 22:25:23 PM »
The discharge does not sound good and it think it worth talking to 41  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Number 41
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 22:16:54 PM »
Worried about a cat in my street, gossipy neighbour says he lives at number 41 (hence my name for him) but he's only been around for about 6 weeks now and always has had a weepy, slightly closed eye (just one - the other is fine). He is well fed and robust, extremely friendly and bold, not aggresive one bit.

Today No.41 has bright green discharge from his weepy eye - this is like British Racing Green, almost emerald in colour, and makes a long sinew of goo running down his poor face.

Is this medication, infection or meteor sh*t, and should I ask No.41 (hooman) if this is really their cat? Gossipy neighbour is not reliable source.

Link to CatChat