Author Topic: Vibes please for Sophie and Fifi - both sore mouths and being sedated Friday morning!  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Poor Fifi  :hug:  and agree a vet visit sounds in order.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
I wonder if the abs are not agreeing with her?

Definately needs to see the vet again and hope all goes well  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Quick update - Sophie is doing really well and you wouldnT even think she has had all that done to her !

Fifi ,on the other hand is not so good -she was sick about 4 times at 4am and has been off all day and not eaten -had a job to get antibiotics down her too .
Tonight have offered her food and went out the room and heard her retch i think really loudly , ran back in , no sick but she is not well.
Her eyes are really weepy and gungy too -she has never had problems with them before -been bathing with Optrex and think we will be back at the vet tomorrow  :(

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
Pleased to hear they are both home and hope abs work for Fifi and it is not anything serious  :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
glad they are back home with you.     Hope it is not serious with Fifi  :hug:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

• Purrrrrfect Cat
The size of vet bills is horrific as I know but at least you have a payment plan like me.

A cat scan and mri are not the same, as am sure you know?

I am pleased that Sophie has come out the otherside doing well and hope that Fifi will be OK and both are less woozy tomorrow and able to eat  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Sorry, just been so busy and so tired due to lack of sleep , my legs are aching and twitching and my head is nodding ! :tired:
Update is -both are back home and slightly still woozy .
Sophie had 3 bad teeth and 2 pre cancerous growths -one either side her mouth inside -all bad  teeth and growths have been removed - bloods have also been done .... and she is basically fit as a fiddle for her age ( 17 years !) should be fine in a couple of days now .

Fifi - is still slightly woozy - and thinks i am the devil and runs off if i even look at her !

She has had head x ray as not really sure whats going on to be honest - her top right side jaw isnt the same as the other side -its got less bone thickness !? its still inflamed and he has checked and cannot see what the problem is -it may be the start of an abcess as there is infection there .
The only way to find out for definate (and he isnt sure that will work anyway ) is a MRI scan .
If it still continues after she has had a course of antibiotics (she had a long lasting injection and pain killer one today before leaving )i have to go back and see if he can do a cat scan !!!
He said he would then look behind her eyes and see if the problem was starting there or her jaw - he basically just didnt have time to do it today either and said he was sorting Sophies mouth out for ages and was concerned there might be a lot of bleeding which may have been hard to stop but luckily it was ok and he also checked her every few mins after too.
So , not sure really what is going on with Fifi -worst scenario -cancer of some sort -but nothing definate . 

Neither has eaten yet , but i am sure they will tomorrow .
I will be living on toast, and whatever is in the freezer now for a while as the bill was double to what i expected (although he did a lot to Sophie ) .
I was expecting a max of £250 - it was £400  :shocked:
Luckily he is letting me pay it off weekly !

Pandora is due for her booster in 2 weeks too !!!!!!!!!!!!

Still , i have both cats back home and one thing is certain -Sophie is a strong cat  - she had a big lump removed last year too and yet is still going strong  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
How did things go?

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
I hope that things went well today Gill and that both your girls are home with you and recovering well x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Hope all goes well today Gill  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Thanks everyone
Currently being pestered for food by both of them-more so Sophie who is tapping my arm as i write this , so wont get much sleep tonight !
This is what i hate -trying to starve 2 and secretly feed 3 !
Roll on tomorrow night when they are both back home .

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
 :hug: That will be a stressful day for you so I hope they are in and out in the blink of an eye. No doubt they will guilt trip you afterwards (whilst secretly being relieved they have such a caring slave). :hug:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Thinking of you and the girls  :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
hope they will be ok  :hug:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Sending lots of good vibes for Sophie and Fifi and  :hug: :hug: For you.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Sending lots of good vibes and good luck for Sophie and Fifi for Friday  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
good luck for both of them

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
Hope everthing goes well for the girls on Friday and will be sending positive thoughts to you all  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Sending loads of good vibes for Sophie and Fifi and hope that there is nothing serious with either  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
We will be keeping you in our thoughts and both your girls on Friday :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Noticed Fifi eye has been a bit runny for a couple of days, when checking today she had dirt round her mouth as if she had been dribbling , had good look best as i could inside her mouth , but she was in obvious pain , swearing and sort  of grinding her teeth - so rang the vet and took her in tonight - its very red and sore at the top -but her teeth are fine and white and where its sore there isnt a tooth anyway .
She is being sedated to see whats going on but she also had a temp of 104 .
Wondering if she has been stung , got grass or something stuck in the gum .

Also Sophies mouth is getting very bad again (she saw the vet a few weeks ago and was given antibiotics and injection as was trying to avoid sedation due to her being 17 -but her breath is very bad and it also looks very sore - her prognosis doesnt look too good as he thinks its possibly mouth cancer -so she is also going under sedation to look and see what going on too .
So both got to starve after 6pm Thursday and going in at 9am Friday morning.

Vibes would be good for both please-thanks
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 00:17:54 AM by bunglycat »

Link to CatChat