Author Topic: Potty Training  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Potty Training
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 14:13:47 PM »
or try some soil/litter

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 13:41:19 PM »
I have read of clicker training being used for toileting problems, there are tutorials on YouTube. Also some people say sand works in a tray as it is the natural substrate they would have used before domestication. I imagine you've already advised an enzyme cleaner is used on any soiled areas? Also has she tried a covered tray or quieter location? :shy:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 11:38:29 AM »
I had this with one of the kittens I was fostering, he was (and apparently still is!) a nightmare for that, and it didnt matter how many litter trays I put in their room - he rarely used them. I tried different litters, more trays (I had 5 trays at one time - for the 3 kittens!) He would sometimes wee in the tray, but never poo. Your sister could try that Kitten Attract cat litter - it didnt actually work for my little chap, but worth a go I guess.  :) http://www.rlpetproducts.co.uk/store/cats/brands/cat-attract/

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »
We tend to try compost as a last resort and then gradually mix in the litter we want to use a bit messy but it works on the ferals and all now use one of the 4 types of litter - we use sawdust pellet, paper pellet, clumping clay and worlds best as we have some really fussy sods!!!

Failing that a large dog crate and start again sometimes to much freedom confuses the kittens
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »
That's why she tried newpaper but she still wouldn't use the tray, she tends to hold herself and runs off somewhere in a corner to wee little madame

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 10:37:56 AM »
try using the finest litter you can get, big lumps might hurt the feet of a tiny kitten

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
Potty Training
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
Me again  :briggin:

the kittens we rescued a few weeks ago are now really healthy and are 8 weeks old this week!!
The kitten my sister took in will NOT use the litter tray at all. We have tried everything changing the pellet to clumping litter, putting paper in the tray,letting the other cats use it to show her what to do, as she poos or wees on the floor my sister quickly puts her on the tray and she stops, she's tried leaving the kittens poos in the tray this hasn't worked either  :Crazy:
Any suggestions from anyone will be great fully received  ;)

Link to CatChat