Author Topic: swimmer kittens? any experience out there  (Read 2322 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: swimmer kittens? any experience out there
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 12:40:25 PM »
My Elvis had a similar thing, though it was never diagnosed as this, the vet just said he was deformed in his back legs and should be pts.  He was about two weeks when it was first noticed.

Me and another nurse from the hospital shared duties in handrearing him and carried out physio by just manipulating his back legs and trying to strengthen them regularly and they did resolve themselves.  He has never been a great jumper and not as athletic as my other cats, but other than that he is perfectly healthy.

The tape solution does seem to be very effective from those websites, definitely worth a go I would think.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: swimmer kittens? any experience out there
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »
Well sourced Angie and looks like you have your answer and bothe kittens a week on could walk  :hug: :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
swimmer kittens? any experience out there
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
one of our kittens is showing signs at 3 week of not being able to use her back legs properly. she is dragging her back legs rather than walking on them. Our vet said pretty little and if she didn't improve pts may be an option.

I emailed the vet. dept at Nottingham and they have suggested she may be a swimmer kitten and we have found a few links.

Has anyone dealt with this before? what action did you take?

http://www.moosecoonsmc.com/Kermit.html

http://www.ramesescats.co.uk/page14/page104/page104.html

Link to CatChat