Author Topic: Pancreatitis advice please!  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Pancreatitis advice please!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 14:14:01 PM »
Sending him lots of good vibes  :hug: :hug:

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
He is doing well thanks! I should be getting him back today, and he will be on a strict dry diet only for 10 weeks. They also may advise using natural slippery elm bark which has been shown to have some benefits I understand. So fingers crossed ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 19:36:43 PM »
How did he get on at the vets? Hope he's doing OK  :hug:

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 12:39:27 PM »
Thanks,

yes I have looked into this disorder and it seems he will have to live with it ! At the mo he is having a sleep in the sun, so I hope we can get him sorted out this afternoon when i get to the vet

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:49:52 AM »
If he is in pain you need to get him to a vet and your vet should have an emergency number to ring.

Sorry dont know about pancreatis but usually the rule is cats need to eat and its better to feed them what they will eat rather than nothing. However somethings may be very bad for this condition but just dont know.

As long as the food you give does not cause pain then it may possibly shorten the cats life but its no good feeding what they wont eat, cos not eating will kill them very quickly.

Have you done a search on this illness because their will be loads of info.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
Pancreatitis advice please!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:41:02 AM »
My lovely cat Miaowser has recently been diagnosed  with pancreatitis. He has been doing very well, until suddenly after playing and eating as usual he has suddenly become ill again and is not eating and was in pain a fair bit last night. I am waiting to contact the vet as he is not open yet. I have been feeding him plain fish, chicken etc, but he has been getting fed up with this and i did allow him to have  some of his normal food, albeit small amounts. he also does not like the special food supplied by the vet.  Do you think I have made his condition worse again due to not feeding him properly, and does any one have any other ideas for  food?
 :thanks:

Link to CatChat