Author Topic: Please Please Help  (Read 4070 times)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Re: Please Please Help
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
she's lovely x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 22:47:17 PM »
What a gorgeous girl  :Luv2:

she enjoys smashing up the house at night by knocking everything flying lol jumping on wardrobes ,opening drawers  :rofl: but oh well  :naughty:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 22:15:47 PM »
Ahhhhhhh she's gorgeous.  I'm sure once she has fully explored the entire house she willstop knocking everything over  :rofl:  Excellent news that she is already making friends with you doggie.  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 20:52:51 PM »
What a beautiful kitty cat Gypsy is  :Luv: I'm sure this is the start of a wonderful life shared for you all :) She may always be petite but with a big personality :)
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 20:45:27 PM »
bless her  :Luv:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Gypsey
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 20:26:23 PM »
 :Luv: Thank you  , ive spent most of today watching her play with her toys  :Luv: she had never had toys in her life before  :'( and she just loves all her things we have bought her  :Luv:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 21:06:33 PM »
She is lovely  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 19:31:25 PM »
Another norty tortie  :rofl: :rofl:

She is lovely and destined to keep you awake for months  ;D

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 20:59:21 PM »
 :Luv: Meet Gypsey , (that was already her name by the way  ;D was going to change it but she knows it and comes runnign when you call her  :Luv: so we will keep it ,im very pleased with her progress so far ,as shes met our dog today properly and she purred and rubbed herself againest her  :Luv: she is slowly coming in to all the rooms even if it is just for 5 seconds  :evillaugh:
shes eating nearly a whole pouch in the morning with a sprinkle of biscuits on top and the same in the evening , and she enjoys smashing up the house at night by knocking everything flying lol jumping on wardrobes ,opening drawers  :rofl: but oh well  :naughty: she has me wrapped round her paw already  :Luv: and there was me dead againest getting another cat when i lost mine but now id not change her for the world  :Luv: :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 17:51:01 PM »
Cant wait to see pictures  ;D

Maybe try limiting her two two rooms at first and then gradually open up the house to her as she gets confident

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 16:52:32 PM »
I Have My Little Girly Home 
shes so beautiful  shes so tiny for her age 11months old but her head is the size of a 6 week kitten and her body is the size of around a 5month kitten but shes painfully thin you can feel her ribs and bones  shes been to my vet for a health check and she weighns in at 2.5kg which he said wasnt terribly underweight but she needs feeding up a bit , she love her food  shes spent most of yesterday behind the wardrobe ,but today she has hid behind the bedside cabenet and has meowed for me to there and fuss over her lol i picked her up and had a good old cuddle  I think shes scared of all the space she has now ,as shes spent the whole 11months of her life locked in one room on her own with filthy dirty tray and filthy dirty dishes that were never cleaned out and was only fed a tin which she shared with 3 other cats a day 
she had never been delfeaed or wormed either and her mother died when her and the siblings were 3 weeks old and they were hand reaered by the people who had them , maybe why she is so small now ? im not sure ,but give it a few months with us and she will be looking much better  she now has two big trays to her self in different parts of the house ,she has clean dishes ,loads of food and treats and toys and a clean bed 
i will upload some pics tommorow when i have more time
also had my last visit from pest cpontrol today and have been given the all clear , i had the carpets all cleaned and the whole house bleached and disifected and the holes sealed before we got the cat ,so i am hoping the mice will stay away now !

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 19:32:53 PM »
:waiting:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
Thats good  ;D

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 08:43:55 AM »
I am slowly getting there regarding carpets being cleaned and smell much better , so itsonly a few days now and we will be bringing her home  :Luv: i will let you all know when she arrives x

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 15:42:37 PM »
Surgical spirt (available from chemists) is also good at removing smells (recommended for cat urine).  It might be worth wiping it over the area the cotton wool was.  With the food weather, obviously have all the windows open to vent the house as much as you can.

As said, if you are pregnant you may well have a stronger sense of smell.  I suffered from sickness for seven months and could still smell where my husband had sorted the cat food out in the kitchen, even though it had been done 30 mins before and was in the conservatory, and I heaved or was sick every time.

Fingers crossed, everything will be okay when your new addition (I mean the cat!) arrives.

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 13:06:51 PM »
I hope the carpet cleaning works,it might be worth asking a carpet cleaning company for their views.

We was going to the caprets cleaned anyway for hygeine reason as the mice have been in the house  :censored: :sick: :sick: :sick: :censored: and with the baby coming ,theres no way im putting my son on a carpet that  :censored: mice have been across  :sick: :sick: :sick:

just cant wait till its all sorted and we can bring our little cat home ,we have everything waiting even all the food in for her  :)
and shes had a  :censored: life so far and we cant wait to show her how life is meant to be for a puddy cat  :Luv:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »
I hope the carpet cleaning works,it might be worth asking a carpet cleaning company for their views.

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 08:51:16 AM »
Hope this works, good luck  :hug: :hug:

Thanks Gill , will let you know how i get on and of course when i collect my little madame  :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 23:57:35 PM »
Hope this works, good luck  :hug: :hug:

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 20:19:16 PM »
I Managed to speak to a vet  ;D bit naughty of me ringiong on the emergency line but i really needed to know , the vet said as long as the cat dont come in contact with the oil then its not toxic for them but they tend to not like the smell of it , so im going to postpone getting her for a few days and see if the landlord will get the carpets professionally cleaned when they come in and clean the place for me thursday , and im hoping the smell will go ,as in the past ive easily got the smell of cat urine out of a carpet so dont understand why i cant get rid of a peppermint smell  :Crazy:

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 17:14:30 PM »
Can your partner smell it as strongly as you? I see from your first post you are pregnant (congrats!), my sister is pregnant at the moment and in the early stages her sense of smell was super-heightened - there's quite a bit on google about it so it seems quite common, that might be why it still smells so strong to you?

lol yes my sence of smell has been crazy while pregnant ,for example when i colour my im nearly in tears where i cant stand the smell ,have no choice but to colour as i am going grey haha yes he can smell it but he said its not as bad as im saying it is , ive asked a few neighbours and they say they can smell it but its not like its unbearable for example , im nearly 24 weeks pregnant and from the begining my sence of smell has been very sensitive x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 17:10:52 PM »
Can your partner smell it as strongly as you? I see from your first post you are pregnant (congrats!), my sister is pregnant at the moment and in the early stages her sense of smell was super-heightened - there's quite a bit on google about it so it seems quite common, that might be why it still smells so strong to you?

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 17:02:01 PM »
:welcome: to Purrs

Was the oil only ever put on the cotton wool balls? Do you think some of it has soaked into the flooring or is it just the smell that is left over? If it's just the smell you could try bicarbonate of soda sprinkled in the areas where you left the cotton wool balls.

Hope you can get it sorted quickly and that your chosen rescue cat can come home soon  :) It might be worth asking the rescue to ask their vets opinion of it too.

we put a few drops on a cotton ball ,then placed each ball in a room , the bathroom and kitchen has got vinyl flooring the other rooms have carpet , the ball was just place on the floor in each room , my other half has cleaned each spot in each room it was placed in but the smell is very much still in the house ,for example when you first enter the property it hits you in the face its so strong ,
im going to get the bicarbonate of soda tommorow when tesco opens again ,
im also going to ask my old vet when they open tuesday morning ,i wish i never used the  :censored: horrible thing in the first place .

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 16:57:12 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Was the oil only ever put on the cotton wool balls? Do you think some of it has soaked into the flooring or is it just the smell that is left over? If it's just the smell you could try bicarbonate of soda sprinkled in the areas where you left the cotton wool balls.

Hope you can get it sorted quickly and that your chosen rescue cat can come home soon  :) It might be worth asking the rescue to ask their vets opinion of it too.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 16:56:14 PM »
I hope they will keep her for you and looks like its gonna be cleaning duties for you over and over until the bloomin smell is gone........sigh...............sounds like its soaked into carpets or soft furnishings?

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 16:52:57 PM »
 :thanks: Gill
i think i will have to explain everything to the rescue and ask them to keep her a little longer , we have cleaned the areas its was in but the smell is still very much there  :scared:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 16:49:19 PM »
Just done a quick search and here is first link

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/ask-the-expert/ask-the-expert-poison-control/peppermint-oil.aspx

You are right that this oil is very toxic to cats and kittens and from the little I have read you should not bring a cat into the house until the smell and what ever is causing it has gone totally.

I have to think if the smell is still so strong, you need to check every place you put it and thoroughly clean each area until there is no smell left at all and the area is dry before attempting to bring a cat or kitten in, if you do not get rid of every trace it seems from what I have read that you could kill any feline brought in.

I am so sorry  :hug: :hug:

Offline sassybates

• Adult Cat
Please Please Help
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 16:37:55 PM »
Hi there , i have had cats all my life till last october when we had to have ours put to sleep , i wasnt ready to get another cat afterwards so we agreed we would wait till the time was right in the future , however 4 weeks ago we discovered we and our neighbours had a mice infestation  :censored: :censored: we had pest control visit and place posion down and have found 3 dead bodies and have had our holes sealed up , anyhow i also read on the net that essential oil peppermint oil mice hate and it stops them entering your house and makes the ones that are there leave , so i bought some of  that and used it too , we placed a few drops on a cotton ball and placed the cotton ball in each room of the house , anyhow after a week it got too much so we removed all the balls , yet two weeks on the house still smells soooooo over powering of it ,
ive been offered a lovely little cat to adopt of 11months old ,she hasnt had the best start to life and i fell in love with her and we are all set to bring her home tuesday , but ive read about peppermint oil being toxic to cats , there is no peppermint oil left in my house just the awful smell of it , please can someone tell me if ill be ok getting the cat or should i leave it till i can somehow get rid of the smell ???ive tryed white vinager , raw onion , soda crystals , windows open ,fan on , neotrolisers , dont know what else to do  :( :( :( :(
but the last thing i want is to bring a cat into my home if it isnt safe for her ,
also any tips on what else to do to rid of the smell ???
im at my wits end , and im pregnant too , i really dont know what else to do :(
thanks in advance
Sassy xx

Link to CatChat