Yes you replied in the right place and welcome to Purrs  ;D

Good luck and hope Molly grows out of this  :hug:

Offline Molly-Jo

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Molly
!!)
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 22:59:30 PM »
Hope I'm replying in the right place, a bit new to this!! :scared:

Thanks for your replys (and thanks for putting my question in the right place Gill!), just as I suspected then I suppose, keep throwin the poor things back into the garden until she hopefully grows out of it (and onto birds!!!)....bless her, she doesn't even hurt them, they're always intact!!

It's certainly never been suggested that her 'presents' will ever make their way to my little boys bed, but I suppose he's seen me squirm when she brings them in hanging from her mouth!! :sick:   Will maybe try the approach that it's a 'present' and hope that makes him more comfortable with it (he's only 3). My older cat used to bring in birds every now and again and my son didn't bat an eyelid, but the worms are a different story for some reason...

Thanks again for your help! :Luv2:  xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Worms!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 22:36:02 PM »
I am going to move this to Health an behavior cos you have it in guides LOL

Many cats bring in worms, and its just their hunting instinct and they bring presents to make you happy  :shify:

Apart from stopping her going outside, no way of stopping this. Mine bring in rodents alive and dead!

You need to keep her away from roads and it does sound like she is missing her friend. She will greive just as we do and needs loads of love and reassurance.

Why is your boy having nightmares about worms in his bed, has this been suggested to him? If so it needs to be sorted now, no worms in his bed , these are just presents for his humans and they a\re not bad and wont come near his bed.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Worms!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 22:34:15 PM »
I understand that it's probably her hunting instinct, and maybe I should be grateful it isn't birds,

I'd guess that's about spot on  :) 

Our Groucho also loves to bring in worms (he's 10 months old) and am so grateful it's not mice or birds ........  I expect they'll grow out of it and unfortunately move on to bigger things  :hug:  TBH Groucho seems to have moved on to bluebottles and moths atm.....  It's a bit dangerous the way he launches himself through the air  :scared:

Offline Molly-Jo

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Molly
Worms!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 22:26:19 PM »
Hi everyone,
Hoping for a bit of advice...My Molly is nearly a year old, and over the last few months she has started bringing in worms from the garden CONSTANTLY!  :sick: Sometimes she brings in 5 or more a night, especially if its been raining. We're finding them dried up all over the carpet in the morning, and my little boy woke up crying after having a nightmare about worms in his bed last night. My older cat died last month and I wonder if that possibly has something to do with it, as since then she has also started following us when we leave the house if we're walking (had to start feeding her when we leave the house if we're walking to give us chance to escape before she follows us onto the main road!) I understand that it's probably her hunting instinct, and maybe I should be grateful it isn't birds, but is there anything I can do to put her off? Thanks!x

Link to CatChat