Author Topic: Scrapping or playing.....getting worse!!!!!  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Re: Scrapping or playing.....getting worse!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 23:57:47 PM »
Luna chases Mia around the house with Mia growling out arpeggios  :evillaugh: We try and discourage the chasing as feel bad for the Moo-cat, not too bad as sometimes it's her chasing the kitten - When that happens you'd think somebody was trying to murder Loony with the noises she makes  :rofl:

Drama queens the both.  Poor Nova who's bigger than both just rolls over to let them go for his tummy!

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 23:50:21 PM »
I would have thought that if it was a bullying situation you'd see a lot of fear or submissive behaviour from Peanut. 

Interesting point.....no, Peanut is not showing signs of anything like that (which is good!)

What are they scrapping over - toys, territory, attention, food, litter tray? Do you have Feliway on the go and have you blamed your OH for choosing them yet?  :evillaugh:

They don't appear to be fighting over anything in partic'....that's what's so weird! Don't have any Feliway on the go, have never even thought about using that to be honest.

Not blamed OH...........yet  :evillaugh:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 23:45:39 PM »
I would have thought that if it was a bullying situation you'd see a lot of fear or submissive behaviour from Peanut. What are they scrapping over - toys, territory, attention, food, litter tray? Do you have Feliway on the go and have you blamed your OH for choosing them yet?  :evillaugh:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 23:37:35 PM »
Okay...they've been "scrapping" big time tonight. Peanut was being chased and she was growling!!  >:(

The sort of growling that's not a single low tone, but one that goes up and down the musical scale!  :evillaugh:

Oh god, please tell me I haven't got to start separating them????   :scared: :scared: :scared:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
Re: Scrapping or playing.....
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 21:07:01 PM »
lucifer squeals whether he starts it or not, whether hes engaged in play or not. hes just a big baby and wants me to swoop in and cuddle him. he makes the same noise if you pick him up to take him in from the garden  :tired:
tails up, ears up and whiskers forward is a good sign. bristling up and/or ears flat bad!
mine play fight but every so often, if sparecat is feeling frustrated shell pick on lucifer- smacks him for no reason. lucifer will let it go once or twice but then all the toys come out of the pram.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 20:53:18 PM »
Mine are both 3yrs. You can always hear her squealing/meowing. I hope she's not being bullied  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 20:36:41 PM »
Do they make much noise ie squealing etc when they're playing/fighting? If they're young and there's not much noise coming in terms of meowing/squealing then it sounds like play fighting to me.

My boys are 3 and love nothing more than a good rough and tumble but it's definitely play fighting.  They make lots of banging and crashing noises but you very rarely hear a peep out of them as they're not actually hurting each other.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Scrapping or playing.....getting worse!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 13:14:44 PM »
OH and I were woken up in the early hours of this morning by, what I thought, was a murder in progress  :scared: :Crazy:

It was, in fact, Cooper and Peanut!  :shify:

There were tufts of black fur across the landing and both cats had taken refuge under the spare bed.

To begin with we thought it was Peanut that was the dominant one, but now we think its Cooper that starts it!

Peanut is a delicate little thing and although cats do play rough, I am concerned that Cooper is being really rough with her to the point of hurting her  :scared:  :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 23:34:49 PM by KookyPoss (Hayley) »

Link to CatChat