Author Topic: Best place to order Pepcid AC from?  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Best place to order Pepcid AC from?
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 19:07:14 PM »
After eating really well yesterday. he hasn't eaten at all today  :( - mid afternoon, he was vomiting froth. I rang the vet and mentioned Pepcid AC. He said he would rather follow cascade and give him Tagamet - That is fine because I don't have any pepcid anyway  :( - I went and collected it & gave him his 1st dose and he has gone upstairs to bed after being in the garden since 6.30am.

I said it was like the burger King ad - £1.50 inc 2 syringes  :shy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 14:40:22 PM »
That sounds like a really short shelf-life? - I hadn't noticed before. I will get OHs mum to post some I think. I don't begrudge Clapton but over £10 postage for a pack of tablets is a lot - They are already charging £11 for the tablets as it is - they probably only cost $4 or so?  :shify:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 14:23:54 PM »
If your OH has friends/realtives in the US then the best place would probably be a high street pharmacy there and get the relative/friend to post it over to you.

If not I used to get mine from ebay - always from a long standing seller (ie trusted) registered in the US and with a decent expiry date. One tablet is cut into 4 so as an example that ebay link would be 240 doses which expire Feb 2011.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Best place to order Pepcid AC from?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »
I am going to speak to my vet but I really think Clapton could benefit from it. I found it on canadadrugs.com for $13 post free, but when I went to check out, a "this website could harm your computer" warning.

Also, this listing on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEPCID-AC-ACID-REDUCER-ORIGINAL-STRENGTH-10-mg-60-TABS-/150487780305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2309c54bd1

I know it has to be pure 10mg famotidine.

Thanks

OH is going to speak to his mum & American FB contacts (ex college friends etc) about getting some gel made up by a compounding pharmacy. Also Benazepril Hydrochloride (active ingredient in Fortekor & Benazecare)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:44:42 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat