Author Topic: Ringing vets today - weeping eyes  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Ringing vets today - weeping eyes
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 23:44:52 PM »
Glad he's being sorted. It does work really quickly but they get you to use it for longer to make sure it has all gone. I had it myself once. The stinging stopped by the following morning but I also had to carry on using it to make sure it was all gone. A great old-fashioned treatment  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
  • Slave to: Phoebe, Boomer, Dillon, Aiden & Billy!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 23:06:45 PM »
PC died since I last logged in :( Have a new one now  :wow:

It was indeed Conjunctivitis, vet showed me the inside of poor Billy's eyelids.... OMG it was awful  :( His eyes didn't look bad at all. See this picture of him (attached) ... you just can't tell how bad it is, but the insides of his eyelids were red raw and you wouldn't think to turn the lids inside out to see that  :'( Vets presecribed a weeks course of the fucithalmic cream :)
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 20:17:22 PM »
Fingers crossed it's something easily sorted  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 19:20:23 PM »
It does sound like conjunctivitis, did you manage to get the vet visit?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »
Thank you Mark. :)
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:46:05 AM »
Sounds like possibly a bit of conjunctivitis - easy to treat with fusithalmic.  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
Ringing vets today - weeping eyes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:56:26 AM »
Hi,

For a couple of weeks, on and off, my 2 year old cat has had slightly weepy eyes, usually one at a time, sometimes there is a bit of greeny gunk under the eye :( We've used saline and washed his right eye about a week ago and it got a lot better, then the other eye started to weep in the past few days and now it's the original eye again. My other half was saying he probably had something in his eye, but now it's happened to both I doubt that, and more like an infection? All 3 of my cats have had the full injections & boosters since birth so it couldn't be flu could it? I am phoning the yets at 9am and they'll probably see him this morning. Lets hope it's something that can be sorted out with antibiotics!

Elle x
www.catrescue.uk

Link to CatChat