Author Topic: Poorly Cat & need advice  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Poorly Cat & need advice
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 08:02:13 AM »
I hope that Tansy is feeling better today Emma  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 15:29:19 PM »
Hope she is feeling better  :hug: I had a similar thing with my cat, he has been ill for almost a week and ended up in the vets overnight on a drip - he seems to have turned the corner now so fingers crossed Tansy has too  :hug:

Offline Miles

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yitzach and Walter
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 13:05:31 PM »
How is she today? I hope she's a bit better.
Mum to two gorgeous cat's, Yitzach and Walter.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 22:17:57 PM »
have you tried warming her food up a bit.  A few seconds in the microwave ... if she is feeling under the weather or has a bit of a cold then her sense of smell will be of.  Warm cat food does stink .... so be warned  :sick:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 20:39:50 PM »
Thanks for the post.
She went to the vets yesterday who couldnt find anything wrong, gave her an injection to help sickness and some prescription food for 4 days.

She is still turning her nose up at it and wont eat although she is drinking water and keeping that down.

She also seems to have diarrohea now aswell :(

She is still bright and interested - not AS lively as usual but by no means worringly withdrawn or quiet.

I am going to give her tomorrow and see if she will eat and if not call the vet again although seeing as they cant find anything wrong I dont know what they can do :confused1:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 23:03:49 PM »
Maybe she has sensed  that you are going away and wants to make you feel guilty!  :)

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 22:47:08 PM »
Thankyou for your replies.
She stays indoors so she couldn't  have eaten anything like that.
I'm wondering if she licked something weird in the house? Poor little thing. She's normally so perky.
I'm going away tomorrow for. 2 days but my friend is feeding them and checking in so I'll ask her to take her to the vets tomorrow if she's no better.
Just really worried :-( xx

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 22:39:09 PM »
Does she play out at all?  She could possibly have eaten something that disagreed with her.  My girl has been a bit more lethargic than normal over the past few days - we are presuming it is because the weather has come a bit warmer.

I wouldn't try and make her eat if she doesn't want to, would just leave something down for her so she can eat it later if she feels better.

If she isn't eating in the morning I would book into the vet just to get her checked over.  If they don't eat then they can get dehydrated and want to eat even less according to my vet so I wouldn't wait too long. :)

Hope she's feeling better tomorrow - the 10 minute play is a good thing so she can't be feeling too bad at the moment.  :hug:

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 22:36:50 PM »
My cat Candy was like that about 6 weeks ago, she seemed to sleep all day and was fine in the morning. She seemed to be sick only water and that was it. I got another bowl of water and put it in the room next to her with a bit of food and like i said she was fine in the morning.

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
Poorly Cat & need advice
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 21:55:22 PM »
Hi Guys.

One of my cats Tansy (1 year old) has been a little down and not herself the past few days.... up until she was eating fine but this afternoon she was sick a little bit and also threw up what looked like saliva! She has slept pretty much all day although she did just have a 10 minute play with me and a run around she is now sat down again.

She wont eat this evening, and even turned down cooked chicken :(

Shes normally very lively and loves chicken and anything like that so a little worried.

I know its early and its best to see how she is in the morning but anyone have any advice or had the same thing before?
Thankyou

Link to CatChat