Author Topic: Overweight cat  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Overweight cat
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 22:25:30 PM »
Does the r/d give your smellier poo?  :sick: :evillaugh:

Kylie's is rancid when she is on it  :sick: - she was on it for a while 4 years ago but I am going to persevere this time despite the smell. She has started sleeping on the bed again and deposited one in the tray in the hallway last night - it was  :yuk:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 21:33:44 PM »
I've been doing stuff with ginge and was told it should be 1% per week. I got into trouble that he had only lost 200g in 8 weeks, but as the other cat (coming to a TV near you) is BIG and had lost nowt, I didn't care.

Tricks the behaviourist told me (and was doing some already) - food in toys, take some of daily allowance and put it on the stairs to make them work for it several times during the day (also helps the owner).

I was given bags of the hills R/D. They said they'll love it...... and for once they were right. Its about 1/4 of the calories of the Orijen and atm they are all on it. I put biscuits only in treatballs (bought a pipilino one as ginge didn't get the normal food ball)  or scattered on floors on on climbling frames. They have a pouch of wet in morning and pouch in evening (though I've just given them a third as they were under my feet, fighting and wingeing so I caved in).

Ginge is supposed to be fed alone but he would freak at that. I think he has put weight on again in the last few weeks as my old girl is at that running round with food stage and he's always lurking so has been getting more than he should.

I was also told that the measuring cups can be 20% inaccurate so the food should be weighed.

If there is a chance she is getting it elsewhere then a do not feed on medication tag might work....

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 18:31:12 PM »
I would call a steady 25 - 50g a week good going if it is a steady drop. We know that crash diets can be lethal to cats. I am trying Hill's r/d with Kylie now, along with wet food. She doesn't eat a great deal anyway but is still obese.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 15:19:30 PM »
150g is more than 2% of her bodyweight so not bad at all, also without being gross if she had a full baldder and hadn't had a poo then she could have actually lost even more!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 15:12:08 PM »
First official weigh in at the vets - she has gone from 6.4kg to 6.25kg in a month.  Vet thinks weight loss should be much quicker and we need to feed her even less than we are doing (not going to happen - she's miserable enough on what she has without taking more off her!).  Refused to even entertain the thought that there could be anything else wrong with her and will not run any blood tests.  She's given us some samples of some obesity food to try which I am sure she is going to love!  :sick:

I know any weight loss is good but I'm thinking of taking her elsewhere to have some blood tests run on her just to make sure she is okay.  She does have a lot of symptoms of hypo-thyroid and even though it is rare in cats I think I would rather be safe than sorry.  We've also noticed her fur is getting a coppery tint to it which can also point to thyroid problems. I'm quite surprised that even when this was pointed out to her she still wouldn't test her.

So your vet thinks Applaws wet is a complete food (which it isn't), doesn't think sudden weight gain could indicate a health issue, won't run tests for a paying customer, thinks a starvation diet is not severe enough, believes a high carb diet is good for weight loss when the research suggests otherwise?  :doh: I agree with you, get a new vet and lodge a formal complaint if anything untoward is found.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 08:04:59 AM »
Have you dealt with the owner of the branch? My vet didn't want to do certain tests, so I got a second opinion with the owner, who was much more accommodating. Weight loss should be gradual, and you dont want them losing too much too soon (something about 10% sticks in my head), so I would be happy with 150g.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 18:59:01 PM »
First official weigh in at the vets - she has gone from 6.4kg to 6.25kg in a month.  Vet thinks weight loss should be much quicker and we need to feed her even less than we are doing (not going to happen - she's miserable enough on what she has without taking more off her!).  Refused to even entertain the thought that there could be anything else wrong with her and will not run any blood tests.  She's given us some samples of some obesity food to try which I am sure she is going to love!  :sick:

I know any weight loss is good but I'm thinking of taking her elsewhere to have some blood tests run on her just to make sure she is okay.  She does have a lot of symptoms of hypo-thyroid and even though it is rare in cats I think I would rather be safe than sorry.  We've also noticed her fur is getting a coppery tint to it which can also point to thyroid problems. I'm quite surprised that even when this was pointed out to her she still wouldn't test her. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 23:33:05 PM »
I would be worried if she is so hungry, any reduction in food needs to be done very slowly.

Most scales are not really that accurate and .05 of a kilo is nothing.

It could be she is hurting from hunger and she is blaming you  :innocent:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 19:35:21 PM »
30g of Hills Science Plan Mature Light biscuits for breakfast, 25g wet food at tea time (Nature's Mneu or Applaws usually) and another 25g of the same at bedtime.

That really doesn't sound like enough food for a cat to survive - especially an active one. I think Hill's light (senior or regular) are rubbish for weight loss. Kylie has been on them for years and gradually gained weight. I am going to switch her over to Hill's Obesity again. The only snag is, the extra fibre has some unpleasant side-effects  :sick: - her 'products' look like they came from a dog when she has it and the smell is  :yuk:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 17:26:35 PM »
I'm seriously hoping my scales are wrong as Sky is now heavier than when I weighed her on her return from the vets! She is 6.35kg now whereas the day after the vets she was 6.3kg.  I can't pick her up to weigh her again as when I did this morning she really cried and then hissed at me - like something was hurting which has now got me worried in case she has something major wrong with her!

On the positive side she is much brighter, playing lots and has no scooching issues.   On the downside, the last couple of days she has been very hungry and its heartbreaking to see her crying so much for food. 

We're at the vets next week - going to get them to run tests on her regardless of what their scales say. 

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 21:57:07 PM »
She is lovely - thanks!

And that was meant to say she is 8 years old in the middle of my post there instead of that cool dude smiley!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 19:29:13 PM »
Shwe sounds lovely and so pleased she has some pain meds  ;D

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 09:25:42 AM »
Hey Gill

Silvie has Metacam adn Seraquin for her arthritis.  She seems to do quite well with it - she can still jump up and down from kitchen work surfaces but I think that is pretty much her limit.  She is reasonably active in that she goes outside and she does run around but she's just not as active as a healthy cat her age should be (she's 8).  She can also be quite lazy when I let her!  She's very much a lap cat when given the opportunity and every time I sit down, she's in there.  So I need to try and make sure I give her less opportunity - not easy!  She such a lovely cat, it's difficullt not to let her jump up on my lap and give her lots of big hugs! :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 07:59:35 AM »
I am actually glad you got her weight loss wrong, it sounded quite a lot - you need to do gradual weight loss or you are risking liver issues.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 01:45:50 AM »
What is being given for the arthritus?

Ducha my 17yr old 3 legged birman is now on a minute bit of metacam every day and he is like a new cat..........today he went out in the garden and went right to bottom..........about 120 ft. He hasnt done this for about 3 yrs.

Sasa and Misa both weigh in about 6.5kg but it seems to have now evened out and hasnt changed in last year. could be your cats will also stay static now cos I agree with WS that it hardly sounds enough food and I hate to see cats who are hungry all the time.

Mine free feed and leave most of wet LOL and if Misa eats too much he is sick,,,,,,think thats why he does it to get rid of fur balls.......sigh

Both race up and down the garden  if the weather is nice.

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 23:10:58 PM »
Me and Silvie have the same issues as you and Sky, Sootyca.  And Silvie has the added 'issue' of arthritis which gives her that vicious circle - she's not very active so she puts on weight, she puts on weight which doesn't help her arthritis, her arthritis makes her less active etc etc. 

Silvie's diet is as follows - 30g of Hills Science Plan Mature Light biscuits for breakfast, 25g wet food at tea time (Nature's Mneu or Applaws usually) and another 25g of the same at bedtime.  She then gets 2 kitbits (or whatever small treat biscuits I've got in) in the middle of the night to entice her into the living room where I can shut her in to stop her poking me in the face with her paws all night and jumping up and down on me! 

I feel this is barely enough, Silvie tells me she's starving all the time, but the vet says its OK.  My advice for changing the diet is to keep the same routine - feed the same sort of things at the same time, but be strict with yourself and weigh it every time, reducing it very slightly over time.  Don't be tempted to give her just those few extra grams just becasue it will finish the packet or tin - that's the sort of thing I've been guilty of in the past!  This way Sky might not notice she's actually getting less dinner. 

Although having said that, I know, they're cats, they always know what we're up to before we do!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »
Oops, miscalculated her weight loss last week and it was only 50g not 180g on my scales.  Today she has lost another 90g. Sadly, I have lost nothing...must try harder!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 15:59:21 PM »
:1st place: Sky

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 15:46:24 PM »
Well, according to my scales, Sky has lost 180g in 6 days....however she's not at all impressed at having her food intake limited and always seems to be hungry (or pretending to be as she doesn't eat the biscuits that are down!).  I have cheated as 2 small Applaws tins just didn't satisfy her at all.

Once we get the weight down might be able to increase her food or add better biscuits into the mix so she will be full longer.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 22:27:33 PM »
Why didn't I think of putting biscuits in the treat ball for Robbie?  He loves it (well, not for the biscuits but for the Webbox that go in it as well!). I wouldn't put it past Sky to suddenly work out what do if she will get food from it!

The good thing about her is even with her past she will only graze on biscuits when she is hungry and won't eat them all - neither of them do.  Neither do they pester for food - they just follow me into the kitchen whenever I get up.  I know neither of them will suffer for not having biscuits down, but certainly overnight I would rather them have something down to nibble on.

I'm going to order some Bozita this week (just waiting for a £5 voucher).  I've found a food Sky is loving though but I'm not thrilled about it.....IAMS wet!  Someone gave me a sachet and she has cleaned the bowl out which is the treatment that Applaws normally gets and was satisfied enough from it that she stopped following me whenever I moved!  It's a better meat content than some foods but I never wanted to feed them IAMS.

I think we are destined to have big indoor cats! :)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 20:50:10 PM »
Orijen is grain free so is arguably better quality than JWB, but all dry food is high in overall calories as it is low in water. Noah is VERY greedy and will sometimes start mewling for food only a couple of hours after eating and is an opportunist thief! As he is indoor I've weighed and measured from day one but he was still 6.5kg at his February check-up. :Crazy:

This spring/ summer Noah has lost about a pound taking him down to 6kg which is healthy for a large male. I find him least hungry/ greedy on raw days (perhaps because it takes longer to eat?) but he only started losing weight once I cut out the Orijen for the hot summer months. At present we are out of raw so Bozita pate is keeping him reasonably satisfied and he really enjoys it.

Will Robbie use the treat ball, if so he can have biscuits on demand? Otherwise I honestly think you may have to accept that he won't suffer by not being able to graze. I can't see how, with the best will in the world, you can possibly monitor who is eating what 24/7.  :shy:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 15:47:24 PM »
Yes, she went into RACR from a "home" in Scotland. She had been taken in there as a stray and existed there for 3 years, un-neutered.  Andrea took her in seriously malnourished and pregnant but her kittens died.  In Feb she was 3.3kg with 3 kittens inside her - meaning she has put on a heck of a lot of weight in a short space of time.   :-[

Got some different food to try her on today which I was hopeful would fill her more than the Applaws but no such luck so far!  Just having to ignore her following me around and sitting where she gets fed whimpering!  It'll be easier when I go to work tomorrow! :)

I do want to be able to leave biscuits down though as Robbie is now having to suffer as well (he is happy to nibble on biscuits between meals).  The JWB I have been leaving down (which in fairness she doesn't eat much of unless she is hungry) does have a high rice content. Is Orijen a better option?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 13:12:59 PM »
IT is very rare for cats to be hypothyroid (Which is what would cause weight gain, hyper causes weight loss). I personally would try the diet first. I cant' remember Sky's story, but didn't she have a poor time before coming to you, in which case it isn't uncommon for weight gain.
Please spay your cat

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 01:09:53 AM »
Pets at Home Purely (60% meat) and Bozita (90% meat) are both grain-free and high meat content: Tesco Luxury is 50% meat and that is chunks of chicken IIRC. Rapid weight gain and lethargy could be symptoms of a thyroid problem, so I would say change your vet and get some tests.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 17:31:39 PM »
This is going to need a rethink!   Two Applaws cans will not fill her.  I know she is going for the sympathy vote looking all depressed  wihch I can cope with.  She seems to have even less energy than usual and will not play at all now - just flops on the floor and follows me wherever I move in case she is going to get anything else to eat.

Going to have to find a complete food that she might eat properly with no carbs in it.  She did like the Felix AGAIL when we first got her - I've had a look and can't see that that contains carbs.  I know the meat content isn't great on them but I need something that will fill her more than the Applaws is doing.  Feline Fayre she has gone off.  She did like the Whiskas Simply range for a while and did like some of the Whiskas flavours (the ones with chunks of fish in them).  Natures menu was popular for 2 sachets and then has been ignored!

Is there any good quality, carb free complete food out there?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 16:25:28 PM »
I think your original plan to cut out the biscuits compeletely is a good one - all dry food is high in carbohydrates which cats just don't need in their diet and they are higher in fat than wet.

As others have said Applaws wet isnt complete and it does contain a small percentage of rice (so carbs again). I think I'm right that Feline Fayre doesnt contain any carbs in the form of cereals/rice etc? so thats probably a good choice too, as you say she'll eat that - and thats complete right?. Whiskas Supermeat and Whiskas Simply also don't contain cereals/rice etc, nor does Butchers Classic. Have you tried Hi Life real meat pouches (or the almost equivalent PAH brand), Co-op foil trays (pate type food) are pretty good too.

Short term, its probably not a problem to feed non-complete, but as I mentioned Applaws does contain rice, so you'd be better off finding a complete, carb free, wet that she'll go for - and ditching the dry  :)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 15:07:21 PM »
Tried putting dried food in a treat ball.....she just sat and looked at it and then got bored and walked away and never went near it again.  :)

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sootica2000/20100903SkySeptember2010#

Does anyone know if there is a problem feeding her with a non-complete cat food short term?   I suppose cats never used to have all this nutritionally balanced stuff and never came to any harm so as Applaws is predominantly meat based I'm hoping that will be okay on a short term basis.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 12:13:02 PM »
Applaws wet isn't complete - not the tins at least.

Fingers crossed dropping the dry food will help.  If you do feed some dry, have you tried feeding it in a treat ball so that she had to work to get it?

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34:27 AM »
Thanks guys.  I think I am going to stick with what the vet has said for now - even though I have checked and the Applaws wet isn't complete.  The problem with trying to mix other foods in is that she doesn't really like anything other than Applaws and her JWB biscuits.  It's either that or weigh out a small amount of biscuits each day and cut her applaws down to one can which I think may be the better option nutritionally but I know she would prefer the two cans of Applaws! :)

I've weighed her this morning and she is 200g less than at the vets last night so not sure who's scales are wrong here!  Going to weigh her every other day - and keeping a food/play diary for her.  If there is no sign of change after a week I'm going to get her checked out again. She's currently sulking as I had to pick her up to weigh her and she hates being picked up! 

I'm lucky with her in that she doesn't beg for food or try and steal anything off plates or the other cat and doesn't bother about treats. She just eats what she is given.  My only concern with her is that it hasn't been a gradual weight gain - it's been very quick!

You sound like you are doing well with Benji - keep it up!   They definitely sound like they are cut from the same cloth.  :)  Ironically she wouldn't stop playing when we got her and then just slowed down - whether that was as a result of weight gain or the weight gain came because she slowed down I wouldn't like to say!   I agree with a weight loss thread for cats! 

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 10:24:34 AM »
Applaws dry cat food states it's complete on the front, but I'm not sure it says that on the cans or pouches.  If it doesn't, then I would assume it's complimentary.  Perhaps you could feed one Applaws a day and make the rest up with Feline Fayre, Felix or Whiskers pouches. 

You mentioned Sky has put on weight quite quickly and your vet hasn't carried out any tests.  I'd follow the diet plan to cut out dry biscuits (especially as you can often given more than you think they need!), but if you are worried in any way about her health in the meantime or feel she is still putting on weight (have you any means of weighing her at home weekly) I'd go back to the vet and ask to have a blood test carried out.

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 09:57:43 AM »
my boy Benji is a little ahem, overwieght (the vets response to seeing him was 'good god, it's garfield' last we checked he was about 8kg we think (9.7kg in his carrier) and he was promptly put on what I considered to be a very severe diet, but it does seem to be working!
he eats applaws (and no it is not complete) but only gets one small tin per day (half in the morning and half in the evening) and 15g of royal canin sensitive dry food alongside his applaws in the morning and evening, well below all the recommended amounts but what the vet advised me to do. He said that Benji was not being active enough to work off what is considered to be the right amount for him .
He gets no treats (which actually for him is good, as he has a bit of a sensitive tum) and he just gets extra dry food scattered on his treat board every now and then (probably once every 10 days) and he seems to be very slowly losing weight! we only weighed him a couple of times at the vets and he seemed to lose 0.05kg every 2 weeks. I have noticed his belly is getting smaller, he can reach to clean and scratch a bit easier and he is playing a lot more now that he is losing weight. (Benji is also an indoor cat, and I think has the same attitude to playing as Sky! after 5 to 10 minutes, its nap time!)
It sounds silly but I find weighing out Benji's dry food with kitchen scales really helped me control his portion sizes, and his portion sizes were reduced to such small amounts over a couple of weeks, I find he is used to it by now and only begs for food when we are cooking in the kitchen.

maybe that would help? we do need a weight loss thread for cats don't we? with with tips and help to get them moving!

Jen and a slimming down Benji!

:)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:59:30 AM by JenGeorgieBob, Reason: missed a word out of a sentence, woops »
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:46:21 AM »
Yes, she looks overweight and I don't think she is happy carrying extra weight around! Whereas Robbie is quite gangly and gets away with it in winter when he doesn't go out, Sky looks like a little pudding.  A content pudding but still, a pudding. :)  They did say she was a big cat and would be ideal at 5kg. 

I think I'll contact the vet again and ask them to run blood tests to make sure there is nothing medically going on.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 21:51:57 PM »
Does she look overweight Sootyca? Riley is around 6.5kg but very lean so sometimes the recommended weights can be a bit out if they have the frame to carry the weight.

I wonder if a raw diet (or partial) might help to keep her full? I know nothing about raw but Gillian, Firefox and a few others are pros!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Overweight cat
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 20:14:17 PM »
Poor Sky has gone from skinny and malnourished to practically obese in just a few months. :(  Took her to the vet today for more scootching issues and she was weighed and now is 6.5kg - 500g higher than in June and this is with us watching her food intake.

I know part of the problem is she is indoors and so doesn't get the same level of exercise as Robbie.  She gets supervised play for anywhere from 1 - 2 hours a day, with all the best toys Purrs shop has to offer, laser pens and running up and down stairs after string - she stops when she has had enough and neither love nor treats will make her go again so play time varies.  Her food intake is less than it should be and without starving her I can't see how we can cut her down anymore.  Vet wanted to know what food she eats - usually has James Wellbeloved biscuits down which last the two of them two days usually (and that is for the minimum amount for one cat) and some high quality food - usually a 1/2 can of small Applaws in morning, 1/2 in afternoon and 1/2 feline fayre for supper.   Feline fayre is sometimes substituted for Whiskas or Felix depending on what we have in.  Once/twice a week there may be 5 Dreamies - depending on what I want to bribe her to do! 

The current plan is to monitor her for a month - take all biscuits off her, no treats and just feed her on two cans of small Applaws a day which the vet decided was a complete food.  I'm not convinced it is. In fact, I'm sure it isn't.  There was no offer of running any blood or thyroid tests which I was a bit surprised at when I found out how much weight she had put on - she did have her temperature tested and that came back fine and no other problems other than a bit disinterested in anything at the moment and drinking a lot more water than usual today.

I'm truly at a loss as to why the weight increase - the only food she gets is what we give her, I make sure she has enough toys to play with when no-one is around but I know she just sleeps most of the day when I am not in and make sure she gets some running round time each night.

What can I do for her to help her lose weight?  I don't think an all Applaws wet diet is the best thing if it isn't complete - Applaws is the only food she will eat all of though.  I did think of giving her one can a day with small amount of biscuits for her the rest of the day so she has balance but I'm not sure if this will be bad for her.  It's bad enough worrying about my own weight without being fixated on hers as well!  Thinking about asking the vets to run tests or take her elsewhere. 

Link to CatChat