Author Topic: FURBALLS????  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: FURBALLS????
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 23:06:46 PM »
Personally, I'm not a great fan of dry food and you may find that she's more likely to get bunged up without the fluid content of wet food.

Maybe keep her on the wet, but give her some tinned fish - the type in oil, not tomato juice - once a week; or a weekly dose of furball treatment. Is she long furred? If so, train her to like brushing.

So glad she's better.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 16:16:21 PM »
good news....Moliie has perked up! and we discovered a HUGE furball on next doors garden path! :sick: She is a ot better now...

te bloods came back showing thateverythng is pretty much 'normal' for a 'cat of her age' she has some dental plaque and tartar but apart frm tht she appears to be healthy :Luv:

I need to get her back onto dry food...as she never had probs when she was on dry food....or vary rarely.....

Thank goodness she hoiked that up! itwas like a ong sausage! massive! no wonder she was off her food!

I have been giving e fish in oil as well so maybe that helped?

thanks for all the advice.... :Luv2:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 01:30:26 AM »
It's possible that she has polyps in her throat. These aren't cancerous and are easily removed.

For furball, I give mine tins of fish in oil.  :Luv2:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 13:51:09 PM »
[quote author=Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)
I can't bear to use Katalax since the time Bilbo stole a tube out of the cupboard, chewed through it and ate the contents of the whole tube as he loved the taste, oh the state of the litter tray  :sick: :sick:
[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jaffa loves katalax although he doesn't need it.  Mosi who does need it doesn't like it.  Typical eh?  Jaffa gets to lick what's left on my finger after I've smeared Mosi's paw with it.

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 13:20:19 PM »
Another vote for Defurrum paste here. You can buy it from Pets at Home and other pet shops.

I can't bear to use Katalax since the time Bilbo stole a tube out of the cupboard, chewed through it and ate the contents of the whole tube as he loved the taste, oh the state of the litter tray  :sick: :sick:
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 13:19:00 PM »
yes she is an outside cat...

she seems to have perked up a little so i wonder if se is passing them..this is assuming this is whats wrong...She had bloods taken yesterday and i will wait to see what vet says before i give her anything else....she is eating...lots of tinned fish!!! :shocked: and is lovving it!!!!

I get the results on Thursday so ill see what i need to do then....

can i get these treatments form the vet or is in an over the counter thing?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 13:12:07 PM »
De furrum treats or paste if you need higher dosage.  I am using katalax at the moment with Mosi.  he doesn't like it so I smear it on his paw.  If you do that you have to make sure you rub it in otherwise they just shake it off.  If it's rubbed in, they're forced to lick it off   :evillaugh:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 10:25:09 AM »
I used to give Mogs deffurrum (sp?) as she hated katalax. It cleared them up quite well for her (by that I mean she threw them up on the floor for me  :evillaugh:)
I hope yu find something that works
love
Tab

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 23:49:01 PM »
A dosing of Katalax followed with mashed up food like coley or pate cat food always seem to work for mine - with a deposit of a furball (and sometimes the food as well) in the lounge in the morning. :sick:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 23:22:54 PM »
Does she go outside?

If so you need some long grass that she can farm for herself and that will do the trick......my cats are very particular of which bit of grass lol, seems some are just not the right type!

Then there is katalax and there are furball treats with something similiar inside.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 21:17:15 PM »
A spoonful of olive oil will help.  ;)

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
FURBALLS????
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 20:55:22 PM »
 :scared: Furballs.......anything i can do to help them get them out? :sick:

I am seriously thinking that Mollie has furballs.....she can hardly meow at the moment and has been off her food.....the vet said there was nothing worng in her mouth....she has been like this before...I wonder if it is furballs??????

has nyone else had this prob? and is there anythign i can do? :-:

Link to CatChat