Author Topic: Help required with our HRH Princess Sweetie  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Help required with our HRH Princess Sweetie
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 15:10:23 PM »
Sweetiem was at the vet on Monday and got bloods and her sugars done - results are in no Hyper T, Glucose already stable so her insulin dose remaions the same and the diuretics will control the fluid and we have a lot of puppy training pads to cope with her little accidents should they arise

We have also taken the decision no more tests and vets advise they are happy with this she is now 18 years and 8 months and as such will have a dignified life as her position deserves and when she's not happy we will make that sad decision but not for the forseable future

She is happy and I am pandering to her every whim ;D :Luv2:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 22:36:12 PM »
she sounds more of a Queen Mother of cats than a Princess, Liz

and of course that means she will go on way past 100 ;D
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 21:38:50 PM »
Well I finall made the phonecall and its good and bad news all in the same results - she has some fluid on her heart which vets think is causing the body fluid build up but the diuretics have that under control and she is off on Monday for her sugar curve to see where we are with that

As I said to Charlie the vet - yup Baby Charlies vet she is happy in herself and seems to have good and not so good days - we are living with the misses as when she goes she goes and she is happy in herself andis of course Queen of all she surveys and we will kepp her on the current regeime  and when she decides she isn't happy we will make that decision - vets thinks not for a while yet so all in all not to bad

She is still leader of the cats and they all treat her with the greatest respect and love all teh foods she isn't eating - 3 goes at it this morning and then she gets up and eats with her subjects! :shocked: :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 22:24:26 PM »
Ain't she a good gal  :) Fingers crossed for results that have been sent off but sounds pretty good otherwise  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 21:48:40 PM »
HRH Princess Sweetie's visit went well - she has nearly lost 60% of the fluid so is on half a diuretic tablet for 30 days, all bllods tests are ok but we have sent a sample of the fluid off for analysis for our own peace of mind

madam was duly dropped off at 08.40am and blew up something at her Daddies Gas terminal at that time - OH is convinced that she has super powers since the BP incidents in grangemouth a lot of years ago - anytime he did something to not intentionally upset her she has caused damage :shocked: :rofl:

Her diabetes looks good as she also had a glucose curve done - vets are so happy with her as they got to do all the scans, and tests without knocking her out and she duly ate the 2 small tins of food that I took in with her and used her litter tray

We await the test results but she has a good quality of life whatever they hold so whatever will be will be

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 17:51:24 PM »
How did Sweetie's vet visit go Liz?  Sending her a chin tickle  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 21:34:11 PM »
Having had a diabetic feral in Tiger Sweetie is a dream to inject and I won that bet with the vet - just hope blood tests show nothing else then we can get her stablised and move on forward ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 21:32:44 PM »
Will be thinking of you both  :hug: Sorry to hear about the diabetes diagnosis but she couldn't have a better nurse than you and your OH  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 21:30:02 PM »
Sweetie is off for a scan and more blood tests tomorrow so good Purrs thoughts would be appreciated

She is brighter today and I didn't give her a diuretic today and she has been to the litter box and seems happier than being caught short which was causing her some distress and me an awful lot of washing

She also had 2 hours in glorious sunshine on a fleecy bed supervised by me and all the indoor/outdoor crew and dear Sky gave her his new tennis ball and went off and found another one for us to play with :rofl:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 23:54:06 PM »
Our Princess is Diabetic - so back to the old routine of twice daily injections - she is a tad easier than the late great feral Tiger

She is also off for a full body scan as vet thinks thyroid may still be there and a couple more blood tests so one symptom down and a couple more to go - she is also down to half a water tablet - vet was amazed at how little fluid is left - most of it sadly went on the couch and cushion through last night so puppy training pads are now all over the couch! :shocked:

Interestingly she hasn't damaged her new furry bed! :rofl:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »
We have 4 normal paws today and she is a tad brighter and has managed to hit the grit box and of course the clan assisted is used the 6 new ones :rofl:

I am off to the vet with Max and Floddy today so will se what we do next

Vet phoned this morning to check on HRH and said to feed her whatever she wants but try not to open to many varieties or they could be wasted - not in this house I replied :shocked:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 16:22:55 PM »
Fingers crossed the bloods show something easily dealt with.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 11:33:56 AM »
Well day 1 of the diuretics seems to have bought some of the paw swelling down she is also getting a daddy leg massage curently whilst watching the cricket!

She is eating well and seemed a bit happier in herself today so we can only move onwards with this and face it head on as Sweetie and I have done through every step of our lives in the last 18 years and she has had a lot of things to face in that time and we have surmounted a lot of tragedy and hope so thats what we move forward on :Luv2:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 23:50:10 PM »
28 grit boxes, flipping heck, I struggle enough with 8! whatever it is, I hope she gets better soon.
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 19:59:51 PM »
Sounds like you're doing everything for her that you can at the moment. Have lots of purrs together and keep fingers crossed that the results are good. It's difficult, but try to stay calm.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 18:53:08 PM »
Fingers crossed for the results Liz  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 16:06:41 PM »
Hi hun

Just wanted to send all my love over for Sweetie and hope the test result is good.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Help required with our HRH Princess Sweetie
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 15:55:54 PM »
We had 6 of the Clan - Merlin, Brady, Brodie, Lunar,Panther and Raven at teh vet for normal stuff - 2 got out passed us and are booked in for Monday and we took Sweetie along as she had 3 swollen paws

So vets drop other patients and she gets an ultrasound and blood tests and more to be sent away for other analysis but vets condused as her heart and liver are fine but she has a bit of clear fluid in her abdomen so we have diuretics to give her and god have they worked shame she didn't hit the grit box but thats easy cleaned and we now have another 6 grit boxes in places she like to be - we somehow think they will prove popular with the clan - we now have 28 grit boxes in use! :shocked:

Her bloods showed high sugar so diabetes is a possible - no shocks here we can cope with that but vet thinks thyroid may be a problem so that test is being sent away for analysis

Is there any thoughts on how to move forward with this we are a bit shell shocked but she is 18 and a half but is my world and the only surviving member of the original Clan Cats and she is my soul cat so we are now waiting on the test results

We did however stock up on all the things she likes and she will be spoilet more than usual even with teh others she is my priority  and young vet looks quite shocked when OH advises cost is not an issue we just need to do everythign we can for my daughter :Luv2:

Link to CatChat