Author Topic: Lacie was sick last night  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Lacie was sick last night
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 23:01:11 PM »
Sounds like she has a bit of a furball and hope that she stays eating and fit  :hug:

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 19:51:57 PM »
She brought up a bit of bile during the day (I didn't see it as my husband cleaned it up before I got home!)
BUT she still has her appetite so has had a fillet of white fish with a little bit of whiskers for her tea, i'm not really worried as she is lively and bright, hopefully it will pass in the next few days, if not, then its a trip to the vets!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 19:10:46 PM »
So pleased she is nearly back to normal  :hug:

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 15:02:48 PM »
Thats good news, bet you feel relief now

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 12:23:17 PM »
Hi everyone, Lacie has perked up more during the night, came to get me for her brekkie this morning!  :innocent:
She wasn't sick again during the night. She had the rest of the white fish, a bit of gourmet and some whiskers, maybe not as much as usual but was much more into it than yesterday morning! Her appetite looks to be coming back anyway, she also had some biscuits and wolfed down her ham treat! (if she refuses ham like she did yesterday, its a sure fire thing that shes not feeling well because she loves it!) She had her insulin as normal this morning. Fingers crossed I don't find anymore sick when I get home and shes fully back to her old self. Thanks for the help everyone x

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »
hope Lacie is doing ok  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 11:31:25 AM »
Hoping Ms Lacie is OK. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 01:50:14 AM »
Sending lots of good wishes for Lacie and hope she is back to normal today  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 23:40:10 PM »
Hope she's been OK throughout the evening  :hug:

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 17:58:36 PM »
She's perked up a little bit, although she had brought a bit of bile up during the day. She has had some more white fish and little but of tuna and bit of ham. I rang the vets and my usual vet is on holiday but spoke to a nurse and she said to keep offering her little bits of food often and not to give her her insulin tonight and if she's not eating normally sort of by tomorrow to take her in. Hoping she just felt a bit sick after over eating last night.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 14:39:35 PM »
I think if she hasnt perked up and started eating you need to chat with your vet because her insulin may need to be adjusted and she may have a furball or a lillte virus or something.

As far as her weight is concerned I am sure there is a range between which she is fine and I dont believe that probably cutting her food down is a good idea, and if you do it must be very slowly and gradually so she isnt crying for food cos she is hungry.

Diabetics feel this more than others, trust me I know, I am one!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 13:06:50 PM »
Probably best to have a quick chat with your vet (only because she is a dibetic cat)
Hopefully it is nothing xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »
It could be something as simple as a hairball  :hug: Hope she's perked up by tonight, must be an extra worry with her diabetes though  :hug:

• Senior Cat
Lacie was sick last night
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:22:54 PM »
So, most of you know that Lacie has diabetes, anyway, last night (well 3am this morning) she was sick, it wasn't alot but today she is off her food. She has been sick a couple of times in the last couple of months but has wanted food pretty much straight after! She had a check up on Friday and everything with her diabetes was fine. I was told I needed to cut her food down a bit as she is at the correct weight now but last night she kept asking for food so I gave her a bit extra, it was some Gourmet Turkey in sauce which she hasn't had before (it was mixed in with a tray of the tuna and shrimp that she usually has) I'm wondering if this has made her feel poorly? She wasn't interested in her whiskers this morning and only had a couple of biscuits. I decided to tempt her with some of the regular gourmet, she had a little bit but was mostly disinterested, she even wasn't hugely interested in ham. I gave her her insulin as usual and asked my mum to check in on her at lunch as i'm at work, she took her some white fish, she had a bit but said she was quite quiet. She doesn't have diarrhoea though as she did a normal poo this morning. I'm just a bit worried about her as its a bit out of character. I don't really know what to do about her insulin in these situations. Obviously if she is still seeming unwell when I get home, I will ring the vets for advice but I'm just panicking being stuck at work and there being no one to keep an eye on her.  :(

Link to CatChat