Author Topic: The curse of the naughty cat - update - I think a visit to the vet is in order  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
He's totally back to normal now with the exception of the poos.  They just aint right!  Mosi has always had good, firm poos regardless of what he ate, but that isn't the case now.  Something has to be causing them to be soft but he's fine in every other way.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Good to hear he's more or less back to being Mosi  :evillaugh:  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Well the little lad was back to normal last night.  He's regained that indefineable thing that makes him Mosi!  He was bouncing around full of beans and just seems perfectly normal.  He did a soft poo yesterday (I assume it was his in the tray) and this morning's was mainly soft but I could see that part of it was normal.  Fingers crossed he's ok.  It's just so frustrating that there's nothing big wrong with him but it's just these little things.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Can worms cause soft poos?  He has definitely had fleas (he is still scratching) but he was frontlined on saturday and drontaled on sunday. 

Yes worms can cause soft poos, so hopefully it was just that, and now you've deflead and wormed, there will be an improvement.  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Well I don't know what's up with Mosi but I think we are going to be off to the vet if this doesn't sort itself out in the next few days.  The only way I can describe his behaviour is to say that he's not himself.  The only real symptom he has is soft poos but that isn't normal for Mosi.  Lately he just hasn't had that old Mosi bounce either.   I was going to take him to the vet this week but he has perked up now and last night there was nothing whatsoever wrong with him - he was eating, playing, and running around like normal.  But up until last night he just hasn't been quite himself this week.  Can worms cause soft poos?  He has definitely had fleas (he is still scratching) but he was frontlined on saturday and drontaled on sunday.  He does not have a bloated tummy.  He has produced a few normal poos in the past week (I've been putting a probiotic in his food) but most of them are still rather runny (hard to tell how runny as he covers them so they are covered with cat litter).  After last night, I'm happy he's more or less ok but something has to be causing the soft poos so if they don't improve over the weekend it's going to be the green people for the little lad.

ETA - I'm going to move this to Health and Behaviour as that's what it's turned into!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:22:22 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
Re: The curse of the naughty cat - update - could be ill after all
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 14:37:28 PM »
Beavis has sicked up two furballs in two days - no wonder he has been quiet! He was quite frisky last night , so I am guessing he feels better! ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 14:07:06 PM »
Funnier how so many of our furbs are fluffier than usual at the moment.  I commented on that a couple of weeks ago.  I have never noticed it before.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,33345.0.html

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 13:41:33 PM »
Poot was sick yesterday apparently, I think its probably furball related as he seems fluffier than normal at the moment too, and is moulting like crazy despite daily brushes  :Crazy:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 13:07:39 PM »
Awwwww  :hug: you and Mosi  :catlove2:

Memphy has been a bit 'off' for the past couple of weeks. He's also just grown a nice thick coat so I think the two are related.

Really hope he's all back to normal and will be causing nothing but trouble for you  :evillaugh:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 17:48:58 PM »
Both right as rain when I got home today, although Mosi does have slightly soft poos.  I think he may have a furball problem as he has been suffering a bit with them lately.  Usually they are high up and cause him to cough (he rarely vomits them up - I think the hairball treats must just help them pass down to the other end!) but maybe he has one a bit lower down.  Magpie occasionally had that problem and would get the runs as a result.  I suppose cats have days when they're a bit under the weather too, just like people.

I don't half worry when there's any sign of illness.  They are rarely ill so I just expect them to be well all the time and when there's any sign of them not being 100% I go into panic mode!

update - well last night we had running, jumping, backflips... the lot.  Think he's trying to prove a point.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:34:36 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 14:40:50 PM »
Poot's been very quiet the last day or so too, think its partly the weather you know  :hug:

Hugs to the boys  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 13:23:11 PM »
 :hug: :hug: these cats know how to worry use don't they, we've been off food too in this house

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 12:33:52 PM »
well maybe it's not the curse of the naughty cat.  I'm actually a bit worried about the little lad now.  He was very quiet and sleepy last night.  When I got home he was in his furry house again and he stirred but didn't make much attempt to come to me.  Eventually he climbed out, had a good stretch and sat on the top so that I could fuss him.  He ate his tea ok but slept all evening and all night, although he did manage to swipe at a peacock feather a few times.  He refused his bedtime treat and went back into his hidey hole.  He seemed normal this morning - chasing shadows, eating breakfast and litter tray activity all normal.  I think he must just be under the weather a bit.  Maybe he has picked up a bug or something.   He is worrying me but all I can really do is keep an eye on him and if he continues to be sleepy all the time, take him to the vet.   I was worried about the pair of them last night actually because Jaffa turned his  nose up at his tea although he was eventually persuaded to eat it (it was his favourite - felix).  4 hours later he vomited it back up.   He's been fine since then in every way, but I was worried about the pair of them last night.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:34:14 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Mosi has discovered the downside to being a lunatic.  He had a quiet day on Saturday and I was seriously worried about him.  He seemed to sleep all day and curled up in his cat tree bed, all hidden.  He didn't even come enthusiastically to greet me when I got home.  I was even talking about taking him to see the green people (although god knows what I would have said - "well, he's just not being naughty and not running all over the place..").  Well  normal service was resumed yesterday and he got told off for being too lively!  I guess he was just having a quiet day on Saturday but that's what happens when you have a reputation for being a bit of a handful.  Any deviation from that and you nearly get whisked off to the vet!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:04:10 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Link to CatChat