Author Topic: Beavis just pee'd on the sofa!!  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Beavis just pee'd on the sofa!!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 18:09:29 PM »
Birmans are such sensitive souls and my two get upset so easliy. Sendong lots of cuddles to Beavis  :hug: :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 18:41:09 PM »
I have a suspicion something outsidfe has upset him as he is very reluctant to go out. I have plugged the feliway back in , and so far today we have had no accidents!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 10:30:41 AM »
Is it a minor pee or a proper pee Kirst?  Vet said our Freddie's peeing prob didn't sound like cystitis as he does a full on widdle rather than lots of little pees.  We had his pee tested and bloods done too.  A trace of blood and trace of protein in wee and urea/createnine levels slightly above normal range but vet said just not enough to take any action atm.

Millie however went thru the peeing on everything stage (always close to or related to me for some reason) after her night stuck high up on the roof.  Her wee showed no evidence of anything so we treated as stress related and it stopped after about 4 to 6 weeks.  We put her on Zylkene. If you can get a Beavis urine sample tested (must be fresh preferably less than an hour or so but no older than 3 hours) I think it would put your mind at rest.  Easier said than done I know but our vet doesn't charge much and always get results back within a few hours.

As you know, cats can't show stress by shouting and screaming, they usually go the peeing route   :-:  Could be any number of things.  New neighborhood cat, not getting on with another one of yours.  Dynamics within a group do change as I'm finding out atm.  Noni is very much in charge of everyone, poor Dinah sometimes seems really quite scared of Freddie and Billy  :( and everyone seems to pick on lovely Ruby Doo who just dances about the place like a happy little bunny  :Luv:

All the best to Beavis and hope whatever it is clears up soon  :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
Hmm he apparently did it on a pile of mums clothes yesterday too - he has started usuing the litter tray again after months of going out too. He seems quite happy in himself , and isn't peeing loads , just in the wrong places! :tired:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:54:51 PM »
Had you had a visitor around who sat on the sofa?  Seems unusual if he's never done it before, although soft furnishings and fabrics are popular with cats looking for an alternative litter tray  ;)  Keep an eye on him in case it's the start of cystitis.  If weeing is uncomfortable he may be avoiding the litter tray.

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »
Hopefully it's just a one off, but if he starts weeing in unusual places or weeing more than usual, get him checked at the vets. My cat started weeing on the carpet in the hall.  Have to say I was annoyed at the time about this at the time, but then I realised she was starting to go a lot more often. I got her checked out at the vets and turns out she now has reoccurring cystitis.  Basically because her bladder is irritated, she just has to try and relieve herself wherever possible. 

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 09:57:24 AM »
I wonder if the sofa smelled of another animal? Just wondering if maybe you visited someone with animals and picked up a scent off their sofa or something?

As many on here know, Willow peed everywhere and Kylie would sometimes pee on things that smelled of Willow. Since Willow has gone, all peeing in odd places has stopped.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 22:02:26 PM »
You havent been giving him enough attention  :shify: :shify:

I am sure Beavis is much younger than my two who are 17 this month, and they are missing the tray loads or not even bothering with it.

If he does it again it maybe worth getting him checked over by the vets to see if there is a medical reason

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Beavis just pee'd on the sofa!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 18:12:28 PM »
And we gave no Idea why - he could have gone outside through one of the numerous cat-flap , or usde one of the clean litter trays!!!  >:(

any Ideas?

Link to CatChat