Author Topic: Diet Question  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
Re: Diet Question
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 09:42:55 AM »
Haha that's funny!! I rarely see mine drink too so I reckon they must do it in secret!! I'll try adding some water too it's a good idea!

I also forgot to mention I grow them grass which they LOVE ... Only lasts about 3 weeks but then I grow another! Thinking of having an indoor garden lol!!

I also bought window sill mats and just bought flat cats for the windows which are a godsend and the cats love the fresh air too!
Ooo and they are microchipped :-)

I'm getting of to asda today as that a great guarantee :-)

woke up this this morning to see they'd broken into cat sticks naughty kitties!! 

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 08:59:06 AM »
I was adding water to Poot's wet food when it was really hot too, I rarely see him drink (although he must do lol), so wanted to ensure he was properly hydrated too  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 22:52:19 PM »
I'm confident your cats will like dreamies, in fact I will offer my very own money back guarantee  :evillaugh: They're a bit smaller than temptations so are great to put on the activity treat board (my boys have one of those too  :))

Re: the water, I just like to make sure they're drinking enough. They were cat milk junkies at one stage and Lu wouldn't drink water so if the horse wouldn't go to water, water went to the horse so to speak  ;) I just add a splosh to their Bozita, a little bit more when we have super hot weather.

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 22:45:48 PM »
Oooo I must get myself to asda!

This may be a silly question but why do you add water?
Just to keep them hydrated?

I may try that too, love good ideas!
Yeah I get my drontal & frontline from there so I'll get myself some plaque off aswell :-) 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 20:35:18 PM »
The plaque off sounds great!! Where can I get it?

I get the plaque off from VetUK, a small pot (which lasts for around six months-ish) is £7.79. They do free postage when you spend over £15 so good to get it at the same time as some Frontline or Drontal so you don't pay p&p. I sprinkle plaque off onto the morning meal and a slosh of water onto the evening meal - no meal is left untainted in my house  :evillaugh:

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dental-care-products-c-11/proden-plaque-off-animal-for-dogs-and-cats-p-298

P.S Dreamies are as good as Whiskas temptations (cheese ones and chicken ones are favourites here :drool;) and are currently on offer at £1 a pack at Asda  ;)

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 20:17:08 PM »
Awww thanks guys!!! :-)))))
haha whiskas treats are something I'm all out of at the moment but will get som more... They loovvveee the cat sticks from zooplus though!
The plaque off sounds great!! Where can I get it?

I did get then those squeaky mouse things in the rolling cage and they have never shown
less interest the ungrateful wotsits!!
But they have about 50 balls, toys, kongs, furry thing most of which they dont care for... Mitzi favourite is
her rattle balls from purrs shop and tansys are cable ties, screwed up paper lol and rattle mice!!
They have an activity board, 3 cat trees, scratch posts cat cubes laser pen automated laser, the track thing but not the turbo one ( wish I'd seen that sooner as it's cheaper and looks more fun!) da bird and loads of different attachments, a fishtank to watch, rats to watch lol... So we do try and keep them occupied! Needless to say my partner doesn't have much space since the cats moved in haha!!!

Must get the plaque off and whiskas treats though !! :-))

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 19:01:52 PM »
Surely not mentioning a regular ration of dreamies/Whiskas temptations amounts to cruelty?  :-:

Seriously though, sounds like you have all bases covered  :) If they've gone off the logic gel you could try plaque off (a powder you sprinkle on food), my boys eat Bozita too and it certainly doesn't put them off. I used to give them logic gel too but completely forgot about it  :doh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 18:49:02 PM »
I'd say you pretty much spot on Missus  ;D ;D :hug: :hug:

Think you should be giving us some tips  :evillaugh:  :naughty:

Seriously though, as a fellow indoor cat slave, you're doing everything right as far as I can see from your post, stimulation and toys are the most important thing for indoor babes as obviously they dont get to follow their normal instincts outside like hunting etc, but if there's lots of toys around that they can pounce on if you're out, then that's great  ;D

I can defo recommend the mice from Pets at HOme, they have a microchip which squeaks when its batted or moved, so it doesn't require human intervention  ;D

Oh and Poot would like to mention that Dreamies treats should always be on the menu  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
Diet Question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 18:40:45 PM »
 :-:
As im new to owning cats (a year now) I just wanted to make sure I am looking after my cats properly.
I feed them Bozita wet food, but they also have chicken drumsticks once a week raw, once a week they have either tuna / salmon or sardines aswell, I occassionally give them kitten milk but they can take it or leave it so predominantly water which they have 3 bowls and one fountain which they coudlnt care less about :shify:
Although they are kept indoors I still flea / worm them once every 3 months, they have their vaccinations aswell, I comb them weekly and cut thier nailes every few weeks as they can get rather long.
They have treats sometimes, I was giving them maltpaste and logicgel but they stopped liking it?! :-:
They are both spayed.

They have 2 litter trays using clay litter which I clean out twice a day and play with them reguarly.
Anything ive missed or could do better?

Link to CatChat