Author Topic: Cuts and scooching  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Cuts and scooching
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 19:12:48 PM »
I don't think Noah can reach his bottom to wash it as it's the only mucky part (the rest is snow white  :Luv2: ) - a raw diet seems best for firm poops but cat food with a high tuna content or dry with grain in the worst. Raw also seems to keep him fullest for longest perhaps because bone in meat is the slowest to eat. Exercise-wise Noah loves his Turbo Track set up and Da Bird sparkler attachment, both from Purrs shop!  :wow:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 13:43:46 PM »
That's good news  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 13:22:37 PM »
Both puddy-tats are fine.  Sort of.  Robbie still has his cut but it's doing okay. Sky.....well, let's just say she has to watch what she eats!  Her glands were fine, they dd empty them but there wasn't too much of a problem there.  She is a smidgeon overweight though and may not be able to clean herself properly.  Ooops.  So, she has had a shave as there was some messy bits on her fur and has to lose about 1kg.  Poor love.   

So, I'm gonna need tips on keeping an indoor cat active - if she went out she would lose the weight as she doesn't overeat but because she sleeps a lot she doesn't burn it off.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:49:53 AM »
Hope that Robbie's leg is better soon and it does sound like Sky could have compacted anal glands, good luck at the vets xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 21:57:18 PM »
Sending lots of good vibes for both  :hug: :hug:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Cuts and scooching
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 21:13:24 PM »
Two cats, two problems.....

Robbie seems to have a cut on his back leg which can be seen clearly through the fur.  Looks clean (possible a bite from something as it is visible through the fur).   Other than keeping an eye on him for starting limping, cleaning the area excessively is there anything I need to look out for it getting worse?  It's only been done today (or yesterday) and he is fine in himself and isn't bothering him so far.  Just want to make sure it stays that way!

"Little" Sky has a scooching problem and leaving, erm, skid marks on furniture and carpets....we are not impressed.  Think happy vet thoughts for her as she has an appt with them tomorrow.  She's been wormed recently so fairly sure it isn't that (plus she has done it on and off for a while). She's also smelling a bit so possibly having a gland problem.

Link to CatChat