Author Topic: Vacination's are so important!!!  (Read 9129 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Vacination's are so important!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 09:03:06 AM »
None of mine have the FeLV part and never will ....my decision!

I also don't vac every year, I do normally make sure they have the first 2yrs though.

My vet also doesn't agree with yearly boosters (off record of course) although he feels thats its important for senior cats to have their boosters

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 23:28:08 PM »
Vet mentioned at today's visit that there is a question mark over whether annual boosters are necessary.  We were talking about the FeLV booster.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 22:15:35 PM »
Is it the FeLV jab that can cause issues?

I agree with Lizzy that it is important to vaccinate and also with Den that every year seems OTT - I wish there was more info available. IF I go back for my 2nd year, we are doing disease management and animal health. Hopefully I will be able to get more info.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 22:14:08 PM »
I think many of you know my opinions on this but having nearly lost Homer after Fevaxyn Pentofel - I am very wary of any vaccinations:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,6283.0.html

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 21:52:19 PM »
I refuse to vaccinate every year, so vaccinate every 3 years and will probably not vaccinate at all when my cat becomes a senior. I'm highly concerned with over vaccination of our pets. My vet is in agreement and feels we do not need to vaccinate every year.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline lizzy stell

• Adult Cat
Vacination's are so important!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 21:30:24 PM »
Hi Everyone
               I wrote in to the cat magazine CAT WORLD in reply to a silly person who thought she didn't need to vaccinate her cat because it just went in her garden didn't wonder far and never went to a cattery,she said she cares about her cat well i don't think she does or she wouldn't put her cat at risk.
How does she know what walks through her garden anything could walk through with potential life threatening diseases or that silly woman could bring anything in on her shoes or clothes.
The vet had a go at her saying by taking an un vaccinated cat to the vet's is a threat to the animals in the waiting room,my cat's are indoor cat's and i alway's get there vaccination's done as i love my cats and want to prevent them suffering from any deadly dieases and to help boost there immune system.
Let me know what you think? :thanks:

Link to CatChat